Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

How do I separate AOL email accounts from the Master AOL account

Customer Question

How do I separate AOL email accounts from the Master AOL account? Also, when I do this, will the separated AOL email account still function (eg can that account still send and receive emails)? I need to separate an AOL email account from the Master AOL account, and I need that separated AOL account to still function.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ed_Brown replied 6 years ago.

Are you using an email program on your computer, or are you going to AOL web page to send and receive emails?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I currently am using the web page (www.aol.com) to send and receive my emails, but the Master Accountant is using the AOL program.
Expert:  Ed_Brown replied 6 years ago.

Are you familiar with Outlook express, or outlook, or Microsoft Mail programs that come with your computer under windows operating systems?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I'm familiar with Outlook 2007.
Expert:  Ed_Brown replied 6 years ago.

You can pop your email down to outlook 2007. from many web based providers,

as many address you have (hotmail,aol,yahoo) it doesn't matter.

Set up an account in outlook 2007 for each email account you have, IE if you have several AOL email accounts, you will set up an account in outlook 2007 for each one.

The link that I went to on AOL that explains how

http://tinyurl.com/yz24qdb FYI, I converted to this tinyurl because the original link was so long.

I will keep this dialogue open untill you are r satisfied. If you need more help i will walk you through the set up on outlook 2007.

Ed.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry this is not what I'm looking for. The Master Accountant is using the AOL program to browse the web; he currently has the maximum number of accounts used, and wants to add another account, but in order to do this he needs to "delete" or "separate" a previous account from AOL. At the same time he needs the separated email account to still send and receive emails (and still be able to access emails from that account from aol.com). All I've read on the web tells me that once an account is deleted from the Master Account, then that screen name / email address CANNOT be used anymore. Period.

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_delete_an_america_online_aol_screen_name.html

This web page describes how to delete an AOL screen name, but note that in the second or third picture down it says "Deleted screen names can no longer be used on AOL or AIM." I need to still be able to use the deleted screen name by checking the email account on aol.com

Please help :)
Expert:  Ed_Brown replied 6 years ago.

You are seeing the limitations of the AOL master account. I would suggest that you migrate away from AOL master account altogether, and use outlook 2007. If this is not a solution that you are interested in, i can bump you up to the next level and see if another expert can help. You decide.

I am at your service.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Master Account is not mine, and the Master Accountant firmly believes in AOL. He needs room to add another account, and I only use AOL for mail, so it was the logical choice to separate my account.
I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX help, but I do need this question answered. Please see if someone up the chain can answer this. Thank you.