John H
John H, Windows/Linux/VMware Sysadmin
Experience:  Well versed in Windows, Mac, Unix/Linux & enterprise software.
24048999

Internet Explorer Problem cant open a new window when clicking

Internet Explorer Problem: can't open a new window when clicking on a link, in Internet Explorer. Links work as long as it does not require opening a new window.
I changed to foxfire and am able to do it. Any suggestions on how I can do this in Internet Explorer? I have windows 7 -64 bit.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
Hi ,

Welcome to justanswer

Goto start>Control Panel>internet options>

click on advanced tab then click on restore default button

Thanks

Satchi
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've tried that many times, without success.
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
Okay

goto start>ALl Programs>Accessories>Run>

Type below commands one by one

• regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
  • regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
  • regsvr32 mshtml.dll
  • regsvr32 browseui.dll
  • regsvr32 jscript.dll
  • regsvr32 vbscript.dll
  • regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
regsvr32 actxprxy.dll: The module "actxprxy.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.

regsvr32 shdocvw.dll: The module "shdocvw.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DLLRegisterServer was not found.

regsvr32 mshtml.dll: The module "mshtml.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DLLRegisterServer was not found.

regsvr32 browseui.dll: The module "browseui.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DLLRegisterServer was not found.

regsvr32 jscript.dll: The module " jscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005.

regsvr32 vbscript.dll: DLLRegisterServer in
vbscript.dll succeeded.

regsvr32 oleaut32.dll: The module "oleaut32.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I followed the directions from Geeks; changed the "open to new window" to "open to new tab;" closed Internet explorer, reopened IE, went to my web site, clicked on a link that needs a new window; it opened a new tab but it does not show the pdf. file. where do I go from here?
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
OKay

which version of ADobe reader you are using/installed ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Adobe reader 9
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.

1. Open Acrobat 9

2. Go to Edit > Preferences > Internet

3. Uncheck "Display PDF in Browser"

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it opened a new tab but as it did after the previous change, but it does not show the pdf. file. tab says connecting...

thanks for your help. so far, you have gotten further than anyone else.
What's next?
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
http://it.megocollector.com/?p=848

pls recheck the above link
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My firefox works fine. the problem only occurs in IE. The PDF files are on my website, but downloads that take me to another window or tab do not open either. Do you still want me to follow directions on this page?

How to enable and configure Java JRE to work in Firefox in CentOS 5 and RHEL 5 Linux

Adobe Reader 9 or Adobe Acrobat 9 can not view PDF files in a Web Browser error and fix

Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
  • Got to Start - Run - enter "Regedit"
  • Browse to HKEY_Local_Machine \ Software \ Classes \ (you may have to create the following keys) Adobe \ Acrobat \ Exe \ : Change "Default" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
  • went to Start - Run - entered "Regedit"
  • Browsed to HKEY_Local_Machine
  • Name (Default), type REG_SZ, Data (value not set)
  • should I change the default to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" here, or do you want me to go elsewhere, since I do not have HKEY_Local_Machine \ Software \ Classes \ (you may have to create the following keys) Adobe \ Acrobat \ Exe \
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
No

dont creat any key

please try to download and install other versions of adobe reader ...

http://www.oldapps.com/adobe_reader.php

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
download is complete; reopened IE still blank new tab.
Do I have to reboot? if so, how do I get back to our dialogue?
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
You can reply here after login to justanswer.com
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm back. rebooted but no change.
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
I am out ideas ...

I will opt out now

Sorry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am too. I really thought you would fix it. Is there anyone else you can defer to?
Expert:  John H replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer I'm John. Satchi was on the right track, but perhaps we can try some other things for you. Just to set the record straight, your expectations here are to be able to open a PDF inline within your Internet Explorer browser or what is the underlying goal here?

Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not think the pdf is the problem. It just so happens that on my website www.ncbenterprises.com all of the "pop-ups" are set for a new window, are pdfs.
In IE, if I want to get a download, for example, and it needs to open in a new window (or tab) I do not see it - and I get no error message. the bottom left of the screen says done and that is all. Firefox works fine, but I am keeping IE on my system in case something should go wrong with firefox.
Expert:  John H replied 4 years ago.
If you like, you can go to http://addons.mozilla.org and do a search for Coral IETab. Install this add-on for Firefox and, from this point forward, you can specify which websites that open with Internet Explorer "engine" within Firefox so that you never have to open Internet Explorer by itself. If you need help getting this to work, let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your help, though I did not try your suggestion.
There seems to be something really wrong with my computer, and I am having my daughter return the computer to its default status. She'll reinstall everything, I'll start over, and we'll see how that works for me.
Before I decided to have this done, I was pondering your answer, and wondered if the Internet Explorer "engine" was within Firefox, and something happened to Firefox, would I be able to access IE, on its own? I would need IE to browse the web to find a solution. But this all may be a mute point if the PC works as well as it did when I first bought it in October 2009.
What do you suggest I do about finishing up this question, so you can get paid?
Expert:  John H replied 4 years ago.
Well, if you're happy with my suggestion and feel you got your "money's worth", I can provide you with the Accept button here and you can click it to resolve the question and pay me if you like.

You're correct - Firefox uses the Internet Explorer engine within itself so that you aren't having to open Internet Explorer as a standalone entity. I'd have to believe that your risk of losing Firefox is minimal at best, XXXXX XXXXX always be able to open Internet Explorer. I'm not really sure, at this point, why Internet Explorer is behaving the way it is and why the aforementioned suggestions didn't resolve your issue. My assumption is that, somehow, Internet Explorer's base code has somehow become corrupt, although without verbose code debug data, it would be impossible to determine this possibility as a "root cause". I do feel you will be happier with Firefox when you realize all the fancy extras you can add to the browser. However, if you prefer Internet Explorer, you can always try Maxthon - an advanced browser that utilizes the Internet Explorer engine. You can get Maxthon by going here:
http://www.maxthon.com/download.htm

If you feel I've done an above-average job, please consider asking for me by name in the future, should you decide to use JustAnswer.com again. It was a pleasure assisting you and I do hope you come back if you need more answers.

Regards,
John H, Windows/Linux/VMware Sysadmin
Experience: Well versed in Windows, Mac, Unix/Linux & enterprise software.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi John,
I see that the status of this question is still in "waiting for you mode." However, "accepted" is checked. Do I need to do more for you to get paid?

Update:
The reboot was succesfull; however the Internet explorer still does not allow me to open an additional window from any site's link; but I do not care; firefox is fine.
Expert:  John H replied 4 years ago.
It seems that the answer was not officially accepted by you. I believe if you click Accept and submit it, that will ensure I get paid I believe.

Regards,
John H, Windows/Linux/VMware Sysadmin
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is not an "Accept answer" button any longer. I clicked on that button March 20. 10:47 pm. Please mention this to the "powers that be" so you can get your payment.
sorry for the inconvenience.
Expert:  John H replied 4 years ago.
I already have. Thanks for the info.