Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
23822421

My Hp 4700 series photosmart printer will not print. I get

My Hp 4700 series photosmart printer will not print. I get the message printer is off line, I followed the instruction went to print spooler, clicked restart. The status said the printer was started, however the printer still sent the message off line and would not print. I have tried 2 days now, and really need it working ASAP.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappuccio, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the HP printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove programs

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 and click on "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any HP printer application using this tool.

5- Restart the computer.

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-71555-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=3831770

And click on the "Download Now" button. When the download is over please run the file

Select OPEN or RUN when prompted

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer

9- Please come back to this page and let me know even if it worked or not.

Thank you

John Cappuccio

*** 3 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1* Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2* Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3* Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.