Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

why does my google toolbar keep disappearing

Customer Question

why does my google toolbar keep disappearing?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
Hi ,

Welcome to justanswer

http://www.google.com/toolbar/ff/index.html

click the above link and downlaod / install it

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Why does Google toolbar all of a sudden require Firefox when I've had the toolbar with autofill for the past 5 years without it?
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
Have u installed toolbar from above link ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried installing Firefox twice and It never installed and I still have no Google....Now what?
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
I am out of ideas

I will open this question to other e xperts
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Fine..It is now Saturday, the 27th, and I'm still waiting...
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
You will be notified by email when other experts will contact you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My Google toolbar all of a sudden keeps disappearing and I keep downloading it back and it keeps disappearing. I want the autofill thing and the google search....what can I do?

Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
Pleas e download the below tool and install

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are you allright! We keep going over and over the same thing. I told you twice that I already downloaded that link you gave me and it didn"t work. Let's get with it and read the info that's already there. WE HAVE TO TRY SOMETHING ELSE!
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
Okay

lets other experts help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
help! don't make me type everything over again.
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
You will be notified by mail when another experts join you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Look, I haven't gotten any satisfaction on my $18 question, but I did notice that you did take the money out of my bank. Is this how you run a business. I hope you know what my question is by now because I've typed the whole thing out about 8 times so don't make me do it again, just get me some help!
Expert:  Shauqat replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Thank you for your query

I am one of the experts who is picking up this issue

Please can you tell me which Browser you are using i..e firefox or internet explorer?

Regards
Shauqat
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
internet explorer
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Just to chime in ...

I think its possible you may be using a 64 bit version of internet explorer..

Do you know if your system is a 32 or 64 bit system.. if its a 64 bit system, you should go back to a 32 bit internet explorer..

If that is not the case..

Then lets reset internet explorer.. that sometimes helps..

Hold down the windows key on your keyboard, and then press R. Type the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:
inetcpl.cpl
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
Start Internet Explorer again.

Has the Toolbar re-appeared?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no close in the internet explorer dialogue box...things you talked about just weren"t there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
by the way, it's a 32 bit system...
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
were you able to make it through the process of resetting internet explorer.. other then the close part?

Did you find the tab to reset settings ok?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried it again and I think I completed everythying....I had to reset my password XXXXX everything.....and how do I contact just you?
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
does the issue seem to be solved for now?

A lot of times a reset will fix whatever script is broken and causing the issue..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i WENT THROUGH ALL THE STUFF YOU TOLD ME AND I TRIED TO INSTALL GOOGLE AND IT SAID IT WAS NOW INSTALLED ON MY TOOLBAR...BUT IT WASN'T. AM I GOING NUTS? WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICUILT? COULD IT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WINDOWS 7 OR 8?...I JUST WANT MY GOOGLE BACK!
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
ok, lets try this.. just to make sure..

now that oyou have reet internet explorer, and then reinstalled the google toolbar, we may need to enavle the toolbar, and then lock it.

To do so,,

open a new internet explorer window..

Now on the top bar, right next to the tab buttopn where you would click to open a second tab.

Right click, now left click on google toolbar, to put a check beside it, It may ask you to enable.. then left click on lock the toolbar..

that should enable and lock the google toolbar.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
you people are unbelevable...I..told you that after I downloaded the Google Toolbar, my page said that the toolbar was back...AND THEN I WROTE.....but the toolbar wasn't actually there on my home page. You are obviously under the impression that it was downloaded correctly to my home page but it never showed up.and here's something wierd....whenever I bring down my toolbar scroll I can check on anything and a window will come up and ask me if I want to ENABLE this add on. But when I check the Google Toolbar, it asks me if want to DISASBLE it. I wonder why that is the only toolbar that gets treated like that? ....JR
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Slapshot..

insults are not the way to go.. I just got started helping you on this question..

I am good at what i do. I run through a process of elimination..

If the process is frustrating you.. And you dont want to continue, I understand.. Not everyone has the patience for solving computer problems..

If however, you want to keep working at this.. Then I will be glad to assist.

if you choose to continue, please leave out the insults, or i can opt out and let some of the off shore tech support try to help you .. And most likely, you do not want that.

Here is something id like you to try. And no, i cannot gurantee this alone will fix the issue. But i can gurantee that if we run through the process, that we will solve it through elimination.

please go to the link below..

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

download the program malwarebytes, there are several programs on the page so only click the link to donwload malwarebytes..

Once downloaded, install the free version, then update it, then run the program..
Have it perform a fullscan.. then when it is finished open the scan log, copy and paste the log into a message here, so i can view what it found..

Then before closing malwarebytes, have it remove what it found..

then please go here.. download cc cleaner. install it, run it.. have it scan and fix the registry, and especially, click on cleaner, and have it analyze both windows, and also applications.. then have it remove the excess files it finds..

neither of these programs will charge you, if you are asked to pay, you have downloaded the wrong program.. ( which can happen because they put extra download links on the page to trick you into purchasing paid programs..)

You are only downloading malwarebytes antimalware..

and

CC Cleaner..

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm tired of this shit. you did great....I'm oughta here....jr
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Jr..

take a break for a while,

When your not tired of this.. I will keep helping you work on this..

Peace!