When you cancelled your hotmail account all your contact list was deleted too. So there is no way for the new account holder to see it.
And as you cancelled it you dont own it anymore. So we cant complain to hotmail about it.
But the problem you are facing is a different one.
It can happen for two reasons :
1. Your email address is used by Spamming servers who use your identity to send emails. These are not genuine emails and do not originate from your computer. It is spam and if your email address is already there on such spam websites than there is not much you can do. Basically those websites send emails in your name and most email services filter such spam easily.
2. Your computer is infected with Malware / Spamware and so your computer automatically sends these emails.
To take care of Issue 1 you need to either ignore such emails or change your email address as there is no way of getting hold of thousands of spamming websites.
To take care of Issue 2 please do this :
Please download - click here >> Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When completed, a log will open in Notepad. The rogue application should now be gone.
Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.
Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.
Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.