Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

I am unable to install Adobe Flash Player. I have attempted

I am unable to install Adobe Flash Player. I have attempted to install a gazillion times. I keep getting: " Failed to Register" on the DLM, the active X ctrl keeps asking if I would allow, I answer yes,: still to no avail. Please HELP.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 6 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

In order to fix your issue, please try the enlisted steps:
1) First, uninstall your existing version of Flash Player using this download link:
2) Download and install the SubInACL tool from the Microsoft Download Center here:
3) Now, download the file using this link:

4) Extract the reset_minimal.cmd file to C:\Program Files\Windows Resource

5) Now please make sure that both the subinacl.exe and reset_minimal.cmd files
are in the same location here: C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\.

6) Double click reset_minimal.cmd, this will open a command window and execute the SubInACL tool.

7) Please do not use the machine while SubInACL is running, when it is finished you will see Press any key to continue, do it accordingly.

8) Now, Install the Flash Player again from
Hopefully, your issue should be fixed now.

Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I received the information you sent and attempted to follow your instructions. Unfortunately since I am not that computer savy I got a little lost and was not sure which tasks I had already accomplished. Is it possible for a do over, in other words start all over or am I doomed? Thanks
Expert:  Barun replied 6 years ago.
No problem ..please let me know which step you are having issues with, and I'll continue further.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The problem is that I am unsure which steps I have already done, in other words I'm not sure if I skipped a step or two. The question is can I START OVER? Thanks
Expert:  Barun replied 6 years ago.
No problem, you may start over from the first step ..let me know if you need further assistance at any step.