Jason
Jason, Computer Expert
Experience: 
Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

hi my toshiba 505 s8980 got problem booting uo to windows 7

error F3-f100-0004 comes up
what can i do?
thanks michael
can i talk to you via phone
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
Please start the PC and start tapping the f8 key until you see a menu please let me know what you can see there.....
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
advanced boot option
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
Only advance boot option nothing else?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
and diffrent boot options ie safe mode ect
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
I want to know the options..do you see any option at the top of SAFEMODE?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
note the hard drive has been cleaned
and now i am trying to re load windows 7 again via bluray drive but i cant get into doing thi that error comes up
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
note the hard drive has been cleaned

yes there is a sefe mode
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
Sorry then it seems that the recovery media or the hard drive is defective you may have to replace the laptop anyway I am opening this question so that other experts can help you with this issue...you will be notified by email as soon as anyone joins you.

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it new i yust got it
sorry didnt understand
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do i wait here
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 years ago.
No you can go offline you will be notified by email as soon as any one reply you.

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how long will that take
can i talk to some one
as my typing is slow
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
Good day,

I look forward to helping you out here; however, I want to be clear on what the issue is before we start. Is it correct that you are totally reinstalling Windows on this computer, using a blu-ray reader? How far in the installation do you get? Which error messages are you given?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi my toshiba p505 8980 had a problem with booting up
i done a restore but didnt fix it
than i cleaned the hard drive
and i am trying to re load windows 7
the unit comes up with error F3-F100-0004
and cant find the opperating system
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
You are totally reinstalling Windows 7?

When you put the DVD in the computer and boot off the computer, choose to boot off CD/DVD and then press any key to boot off of it.

How far do you get in the installation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i tried but there is a problem with booting from this win7 disk found no opperating system
than stops
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
When you turn the computer on, is it booting from the CD?

You may have to press F12 when it boots, then it will ask where to boot from - > Choose CD.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
did that
but no luck

Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
When your computer starts, in the top right area, what options does it say (ie, "press f12 to select boot option)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
dosent get that far but looks for a ethernet controller
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
Turn your computer off.

Turn it on. As soon as you turn it on, start pressing F12 every couple seconds.

Does it come up with a menu?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
HDD1/SSD1: TOSHIBAMK5055GSKC
CD/DVD : MATSHITABD-CMB UJ141ES
LAN: ATHOROS BOOT AGENT
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
Choose CD/DVD and press enter. if it asks to press any key, hit the spacebar.

Now what do you see?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it dosent go to the disk but to tftp ethenet controller and with a lot of dots as its looking for some thjing
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
Is it a blue ray disc?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
That is your problem. Your "MATSHITABD-CMB UJ141ES" drive only reads CDs and DVDs. It will not read your Blu-Ray disc.

You will have to get a copy of windows on a DVD.

Please, click the Accept button once you are ok with closing this case.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
does that mean that i have to bay a new disk?
and this laptop is under warrenty still
Expert:  Jason replied 4 years ago.
That means that you have to get a DVD copy of Windows and not a BLU-RAY copy of Windows.
Jason, Computer Expert
Experience: