Dave K
Dave K, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  30+ years experience in I.T., Certified Oracle Developer & DBA, and Director of I.T.

My iphone will not stay charged.

My iphone will not stay charged.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dave K replied 6 years ago.
Hello. You can expect the battery charge level to gradually reduce over time, and you didn't say how old your phone is. Make sure you are charging it from the AC charger and that the charge indicator says 100% after a few hours. I also suggest that you download the application "Battery Magic" from the App store - there is a free version, and it will show you accurate charge levels and status. If the battery does not come up to 100% or if it loses charge rapidly (it should go at least 12 hours with moderate use, and longer if just left on standby) then your battery may need replacement. I don't know of any way a software upgrade would affect the battery life, so I think that may be coincidence.