Kevin
Kevin, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional (MCSA, MCP) Technician with over 20 years of PC experience.
26642388

The iTunes Application keeps stalling during download, currently

The iTunes Application keeps stalling during download, currently at 44.7 mb out of 93.6 mb. My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1545. Broadband connection is 3G Mobile. Also, download No 11 of 11 (xsoft spyware) in Paretologic web site also stalls. At one time i could download Apple Quicktime but that also is now stalling during download. I have got a brand new Apple iPod touch but i cannot use it. If the iTunes Application was available on a C.D. i could install the Application that way.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Can you tell me what version of Windows you are using please?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Windows Home Basic

Okay - thank you.

The easiest way to complete your downloads is with a free download manager. For some reason, this is very common - especially with iTunes.

When the download begins, it times out and stalls - with the download manager, it will increase the download speed and also resend the download requests when the file does stall.

This is the free one I use:

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Install this small program, then proceed with downloading your other files including iTunes. This will get everything completed for you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
(I missed out "Vista" on the previous reply) Also during download, the Application has been stalling before it was timed out, will the freedownmanager still help?

It will - this is exactly what the download manager is designed to do.

Are you able to get the download manager downloaded and installed?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dear XXXXX, I have successfully downloaded freedownloadmanager 3.0 (6.4 mb) but i will have install it when no Applications are running and give it a go.Thanks for your help. I will now click the Accept Answerbox.
If you get hung up for some reason, please let me know. I would like to make sure everything is working correctly for you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Successfull conclusion. I now have the iTunes 32 bit application downloaded and installed on my computer. During the download the application stalled at 99% but i clicked the Apple websites download button again and then clicked the downloadmanager OK button again as well and a few seconds later the download was 100% complete. As a bonus i also have the informer programme that tells me which applications have updates available for them, thanks again Kevin.

That is grea - you are very welcome.

Have a great day!