Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

my hp assistant has stopped working what do i do

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

Do you get any error/message when trying to run the HP Assistant? Also, what's the make and model of your printer?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it tells me that hp assistant has stopped working and i can't pull up any of the files for it the dock on my desktop just didn't appear last week and then the message appeared I have a lexmark s305
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Okay ..I assume you don't need to use the HP Assistant, since you have a Lexmark printer?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what is the hp assistant for i thought it was for system checks and diagnostics
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
That depends on the HP device you are using; is your computer a HP system, by any chance? Also, is this a recent occurrence?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

new computer bought jan 29 hp support assistant has the health analysis and diagnositcs in it

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
Okay ..before troubleshooting any further, please go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore, then restore your computer back to a time and date when HP Assistant was working all right. Done that, restart and check if this does the trick.

Keep me posted.

Regards