Your hardware is pretty good. All of these will give you improvement in computer performance.
1. Uninstall all programs that you dont use. Some programs eat resource even when you are not using them, like they check for updates, etc continously.
2. Install Anti-Malware software like Adaware, Spybot Search Destroy and Malwarebytes (they are free) and scan your system and delete all rouge softwares. This will make lot of improvement if you have such rougue s/ws on your computer.
3. Then from Internet Explorer - delete all history and cache. Then from c:\windows\temp folder delete everything.
4. Then, you should do Defragmentation of your hard drive. You need to right-click on the C: (in mycomputer) and goto Properties and there you will find this option. Repeat this for all partitions if you have any on the hard drive.
5. go to Start > Run > type in CMD
A dos window will open. In this dos windows (copy paste) type this: del *.tmp /s
(there is a space between the del and the * symbol). Then press enter, this will clear out all of your temp files from your machine.
6. Then stop the softwares that start when you restart computer.
1. Start > type msconfig
in search box [press Enter]
2. Now goto startup
3. Remove TICK from the software you dont use frequently or you dont want to start when your computer statts.
7. Click APPLY.
8. Click Restart.
9. The computer will restart. Upon restarting, you will see a window.
11. Put a tick
in the box ‘Don’t show this message or launch…’ and click
the ‘OK’ button.
Other than that there is nothing more we can do to increase the speed of the computer and improve its performance.
7. Download the following freeware utility:http://www.ccleaner.com/download
Done that, run the same and click on the 'Run Cleaner' button in the window that comes up in order to do a comprehensive cleanup of useless data in your system.
Next, click on the 'Registry' tab present in the left pane, then scan for and fix issues found in your registry, which may be slowing down your system.
Now, click on the 'Tools' tab present in the left pane, then under the 'Uninstall' tab, look for and highlight programs present which you don't need ..and click on the 'Run Uninstaller' button to uninstall the same.
Under the 'Startup' tab, look for and delete the program entries scheduled to run when you start up your computer, which you don't use, or need to run.
Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.