Matt, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc (Hons) Software Engineering, 4+ years experience as IT Support
15320265

canon pixma mp620 scanner and copyer wont work with windows

Customer Question

canon pixma mp620 scanner and copyer won't work with windows 7 up grade how can I get it working. It says the drivers are not instaled the printer works fine. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled same thing it is not installing the drivers for the scanner and copyer
Category: Computer
Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Sorry to hear that.

Please visit the link below to download and install the latest Windows 7 drivers for your printer by selecting your OS in the drop down list:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=DownloadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=334&modelid=17406

See if it works now.

Keep me posted.

Regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

matt

I've tryed that I just tryed it again It still does not work

you must know of somthing else

Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

Ok, try to scan using either of the two methods below:

Method one: Scanning with Windows Fax and Scan

1.Click the Windows icon.
2.Click All Programs .
3.Click Windows Fax and Scan .
4.Click New Scan , and then click Scan .

Method two: Scan with Paint

1.Click the Windows icon.
2.Click All Programs .
3.Click Accessories .
4.Click the Paint icon , and then click From Scanner or Camera .

Hope this helps.

Keep me posted.

Regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That is not going to work at all

At this point it looks like I mite have to refromate my computer and get windows 7 off my computer

I thought windows 7 stop all this stuff

This has to be a problem that can be fixed easally

I just need the driver for the scaner to load

I have allready fixed a lot of the other problems targus docking station' dragen 10

Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.
Are you using the 32 bit or the 64 bit version of Windows 7?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it is 32 bit

You must know your anncer was know help at all I've allready tryed that

I need the scanner driver to by loaded some how

Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

Ok, I'll open up your question for the other experts to offer their input on this matter.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just put the windows 7 upgrade 32 bit on my computer

PIXMA MP620 all in one printer

Had to reload program after upgrade

The scanner and copyer won't work it say the driver is not working or even there

I've tryed loading a driver from cannon web site it's not loading are be reginised by my computer

There has to be a way this is a new printer

The printer works

I don't want to refromat my computer and take windows 7 off

It took a long time to get things wroking Docking sation ' Dragen 10 and more

I thought windows 7 wood stop some of these problems

Do I uninstall cannon a try some other way

Keith