Computer'sGuru
Computer'sGuru, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Computer Engineer with lots of knowledge and skills

Hi, I have a samsung netbook NC10 & the built in play camera

I have a samsung netbook NC10 & the built in 'play camera' is showing error message AN INVALID ARGUMENT WAS ENCOUNTERED - can you advise please?
Thank you,

Nicola
Category: Computer
Expert:  Computer'sGuru replied 4 years ago.
Hi-. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
open Device Manager,
Click on start --> Run
type devmgmt.msc and press enter
Please check in Device Manager under "Imaging Devices". if you see Namuga 1.3M Webcam there?
If Yes,
Right click on it and make sure that it is enabled.
Go to the Samsung Download Centre and download the Camera driver / software again and try reinstalling it.
Link to the download page is here.

After downloading the file, find the downloaded file and right_click on the file.
On pop_up menu, select ''Extract All...'' option.
On ''Extraction Wizard'', press ''Next'' button and press ''Browse...'' button.
Select a folder to extract file and press ''Next'' again.
After the file has been sucessfully extracted, see the extracted files.
Run ''Setup.exe'' file or ''setup.exe'' file in the folder.
Once you have done that try the camera again.
Let me know the result. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can't find either device manager or imaging devices and on trying to run downloaded driver message I CANNOT FIND THE CAMERA DEVICE appears.

Thanks

To open device manager
Click on start --> Run
type devmgmt.msc and press enter

Did you download the driver?

Did you try to install it?

What is the exact error message you are getting?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Couldn't find ''Imaging Devices'' in the Device Manager & on going through all files in devmgmt.msc I couldn't see Namuga 1.3 Webcam.

I downloaded driver from Samsung Website and on attempting to run it got message I CANNOT FIND THE CAMERA DEVICE

So no couldn't install it.

The error I get in trying to use the webcam is AN INVALID ARGUMENT ENCOUNTERED

Did you download driver for Namuga?
Please download it again from this link
unzip it to a known location and run setup.exe
let meknow the result.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I downloaded the driver

I have tried again with your link, unzipped it to known location run setup.exe and received error message I CANNOT FIND THE CAMERA DEVICE

Have also tried through 'add hardware' in control panel and shows Namuga 1.3 Webcam is working properly if that's any help?

Could you please remove it from control panel and restart your computer.
Uninstall the camera driver and play camera from Add/Remove programs
Download play camera software from here
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/200810/20081013121923906/Play_Camera_2.0.0.15.zip
unzip it to a known loation.
reboot the computer. Does it find the camera? If yes, install camera driver and then play camera.
Check the issue.
Let me know the result.
Experience: Computer Engineer with lots of knowledge and skills