Tony
Tony, Software Engineer - Networking
Experience:  10+ Years of Software Programming experience in Networking industry
31241506

I am trying to connect my PC laptop to Apple TV but PC does

I am trying to connect my PC laptop to Apple TV but PC does not have an HDMI port! Need help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tony replied 6 years ago.
Are you trying to show the Apple TV video on the laptop? Or trying to laptop's video send it to the TV via Apple TV?

Normally you would connect the laptop to Apple TV either wirelessly or via an ethernet cable. Apple TV then connects to your TV via HDMI or component to display the video on the TV.

Here's a nice guide from Apple on how to set this up:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2646#step2
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know this much. I have just moved to Hong Kong and got ATV for Christmas. Problem is my temporary Apt does not have a TV. I would like to connect ATV to my PC Laptop so I can view Movies on my PC
Expert:  Tony replied 6 years ago.
I see. There are many ways to watch TV on your laptop but unfortunately Apple TV is not used for this purpose. Apple TV is actually the reverse, it's intended to show the laptop on the TV.

If you would like to watch local TV on your laptop, you can purchase a USB based TV tuner. It acts just like a TV and allows you to watch local shows in a window.

Alternatively, a lot of U.S. network programming are available for streaming online. You can visit a site like http://hulu.com which has many of the most popular shows in great quality, all free of charge.

Edited by Tony on 2/21/2010 at 8:09 AM EST
Expert:  Tony replied 6 years ago.
Please let me know if this answer has worked for you or if you need further assistance. If you are satisfied with the answer please click ACCEPT so Justanswer.com will compensate me for the service. Thank you!