Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

my monitor takes a long time to finally turn on. The power

my monitor takes a long time to finally turn on. The power light will click from green to yellow for a while before the monitor finally turns on. Not sure how long it takes, I usually just turn it on and go wash up in my bathroom. When I return its on and ready to go.

This can happen because of these reasons :
1. The data cable connecting the tower the display has a crack or is loose. (most of the time this is the issue) Or the monitor's main board has issues.

2. The graphics chipset (on motherboard in tower) has issues. (rare)

So, the best way to go about it is to plug in another monitor (borrow from a friend) to your tower. If that monitor works fine, than you know that the motherboard is fine. And problem is either in the data cable or the monitor is bad. Then replace the cable to confirm the issue.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.