David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience

How do I remove the errors 2503 an2502 from my Windows 7 O

Customer Question

How do I remove the errors 2503 an2502 from my Windows 7 OS?
Category: Computer
Expert:  bineesh replied 6 years ago.
Hello Sir..

Thanks for using Just Answer..

Pleas go here and check

C:\windows\installer folder ..Right click properties security tad add everyone and give the full control ..

And this folder will be hidden folder ..then tools -> folder options -> view -> show hidden files and folders check that..

more clarification check this also..

Let me know is this worked for you..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That didn't work for me because I don't knoow how to access my C:\Windows\Installer\Folder. I forgot to ask how to access it, that answer has been given to me several times but know one can get me into that folder! I have Windows 7 Home Premium for an OS and I appear to be getting help for an XP OS.
Expert:  bineesh replied 6 years ago.
Hello sir..

Please check the show hidden files and folders in folder options

Check whether you are able to see the Installer folder...

more clarification on folder view options in windows 7 check this also..

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I still can't locate the folder and am getting a little frustrated, the computer is a month old!
Expert:  bineesh replied 6 years ago.

I am out of Ideas on this.

I opt-out this question. Kept to open all other experts

Let another expert will assist you on this

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

2 nights ago I was online and my computer brought up a message saying my computer was shutting down, which it did immediately. I rebooted and there the 2 errors were 2503 and 2502, I was trying to install my printer software and drivers and I couldn't, the 2 errors kept telling me I couldn't finish the install. I have tried to install other installations since 2 nights ago and nothing will instal or uninstall.

I ran a System Repair with my OS disk this morning and that never helped. Is a reformat disk hard to do on Windows 7? I used to reformat XP and 98 no problem. I was previously told wher Windows 7 is 32 bit and 64 bit that it's more difficult, is this true?

Expert:  David L replied 6 years ago.

Before formatting then reinstalling make sure the system time is manually set correctly then go to Windows Update and update the computer. (note that if the Bios time is off and you reboot it will reset the computer to the incorrect time).

Next click Start, Search and type Installer and press Enter. Since the files and folders are now not hidden (if you performed the procedures above), Search will find the Installer file so you can complete the permissions procedure which may also resolve the issue.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello David;

I still am not any further ahead. I don't see a Windows Installer Folder anywhere.

I appreciate your effort in trying to help me with this matter. I guess I'll have to settle for the last resort a computer shop.

Yours truly;

Expert:  David L replied 6 years ago.
If the folder is still hidden then it will not be visible so please check to make sure that the show hidden folders and files is selected as per the instructions below: