Computer'sGuru
Computer'sGuru, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Computer Engineer with lots of knowledge and skills
29751445

msdt.exe file is corrupt. How do I fix this problem

Customer Question

msdt.exe file is corrupt. How do I fix this problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Computer'sGuru replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
What is the actual error message you are getting?
When exactly do you get it?
Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i can't remember where i was, but there was a scan thing and said that the msdt.exe file was corrupt. My computer will load up to the start up window and when the computer should open up to windows 7, the screen goes black and won't finish loading. Hope this helps. I'm getting really frustrated!!!
Please be patient. Every issue has a solution.
Are you able to use the computer in question?
Does windows 7 load sometime?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sometimes it loads the right way, but more often than not it stops loading after the the starting windows display is ready to open windows

It seems that your computer is infected.
msdt.exe represents Microsoft Distributed Transaction service.
This file has been identified as a program that is undesirable to have running on your computer. This consists of programs that are misleading, harmful, or undesirable.

Please boot your computer in safe mode.
To boot in safe mode:-
Restart your computer.
When the computer starts you will see your computer's hardware being listed. When you see this information start to gently tap the F8 key on your keyboard repeatedly.
in safe mode:
click start --Run
type CMD and press enter
At command prompt, type sfc /scannow and press enter
It will replace all corrupted files with genuine files.

Again in Run box, type services.msc and press enter
Look for entries with Microsoft Distributed Transaction service
right click on it, stop it. Double click on it, set startup type to disable.
search for msmsdt.exe in your computer and delete all files.

Again in Run box, type msconfig and press enter
under services and startup tabs, uncheck Microsoft Distributed Transaction service or msdt.exe.
press ok, reboot and ignore msconfig message. Check the issue.