Smile
Smile, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Electronics/Computer Engineer
29950121

toshiba satellite laptop touchpad will not work in normal mode,

toshiba satellite laptop touchpad will not work in normal mode, but it will work in the safe mode.
Greetings,
Thank you for asking us. I will be happy to fix your problem ASAP

Go to Control Panel...Mouse...Device Settings tab...
in the Device settings tab...make sure there the device is enable...then, there is a settings box. In there..click on it, go to "Tapping"...check the Enable checkbox. That will turn on the "tap to click" function.

Hope this will be helpful.
---------------------
Please give a Positive Feedback if you find the answer helpful. Ask me if you need more assistance.
ACCEPT my answer to get me paid. Bouns makes me HAPPY.:-)
Good Luck
Smile
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can I do this in the safe mode? Or do I have to be in the normal mode? I can not find the mouse or the devise settings tab when I look for it in the safe mode? Thanks, Lynn
You need to do it in normal mode. If this does not work then you check it safe mode.

Good Luck
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I might lose you now because I have not been able to do much in normal mode. Thanks for the help. Lynn
Okay, try it in safe mode also. Let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have tried in both safe mode and normal mode. I am not able to change or check on anything. When I get to normal mode, the mouse will work for a minute and then freeze up. In the safe mode, I can not get to the settings where I need to check and change them. Do you think that I have a virus? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX sorry for all the trouble.
It is not a virus. you can check with a external mouse and check if that help.

Good Luck
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is the last question, I promise. Are you sure that it is not a virus? I did another system restore and it worked for a while but quit again. I did get a chance to check to see if the tapping was enabled and it was. I now have a problem where my virus protection is not on. Is it because of the system restore? I am sorry to make you work so hare, but I just dont know what to do. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you respond, I will accept it and give you a positive response.
Most of time it is not a virus. Still you can try this antivirus and check if you have any problem. This is free anti virus. so you can give it a try.
http://www.avg.com/in-en/homepage

Also clean your system registery using http://www.ccleaner.com/

Let me know

Hope this will be helpful.
---------------------
Good Luck
Smile