James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.

How do I enable CDFS cd dvd file system reader It shows that

Customer Question

How do I enable CDFS cd dvd file system reader?
It shows that it is disabled but no option to enable found.
I think thats why my Optiarc AD-7203S is not working. It does not recognize any type of disc anymore and wont even format a disc to burn.
Also the Autoplay only opens when other types of media are inserted, but no discs of any type.
I really appreciate your help !!!
Thank You,
Category: Computer
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
CDFS is the type of filesystem on a CD - there is no way to enable/disable it, it goes on by itself whenever a CD is loaded and the computer needs to access the files.
Either your DVD device died, or you have a settings issue.
You can quickly determine which by restoring your system to an earlier date, back when the DVD still worked.
Clicl Start, type System Restore. Click System Restore on the list. Restore your computer to a time when the DVD worked, then reboot the computer.
If the DVD still doesn't work once the computer boots, it means the DVD hardware itself has failed, and you will need a new DVD.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've already restored the coputer from drvve D recovery to Factory fresh when it worked fine.
I also have asked for a solution before on this site and the tech had no answer. In fact he asked me if I knew what was wrong!. I still paid !
I'm sorry but this does not help either.
Thanks for your time,
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.

I just confirmed for you that the issue is a hardware problem with your DVD, and that you need to replace it. How can an answer be more helpful than that?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It Recently just burned a buch of photos to a DVD-R, so I don't believe it needs to be replaced just someone who knows how to fix the other problems.

I'm sure you think replacing components is helpful. but I'm not paying twice for 2 unacceptible answers.

Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Hi Larry,
According to your account, you actually didn't pay for any answer. I will opt out of this question so that another expert can help you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's on my bank statement. Don't call me a liar!