Kevin
Kevin, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional (MCSA, MCP) Technician with over 20 years of PC experience.
26642388

is quicken 2008 compatible with windows 7 64 bit

Category: Computer
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Yes it is - I have it on my laptop and use it now. I have an HP laptop that came with Vista 32 bit, which I upgraded to Vista 64 Business then 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate about a month ago.

It has not had any trouble whatsover through the journey :)

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I read online that some people were saying that after the download which went fine, they could not see anything and a few people said Quicken would not print. What say you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
As an example this is what one person on the internet said: After installing Windows 7 (64-bit) I first installed Quicken 2008 (that I have been using with XP). Install went OK, but when I tried to get it to read my Quicken data file, the Open File dialog never appeared. Instead Quicken hung for a while ("Not Responding" in Window title) and then crashed.

I went out and purchased Quicken 2010, thinking it was a compatibility issue, with the same result - installed file, would not show File Open dialog.

The results were the same whether I selected "File Open" or told the startup wizard that I wanted to open an existing file.

So I have never been able to open a Quicken data file with Windows 7.
-
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 years ago.

Zero problems on my pc - just printed a report to be sure too.

graphic

If you look at the Quicken site, they say they only support 2010, but like I said no problems at all.

I have yet to come across a program I used on Vista that won't work on 7. Windows has built in compatiblity settings to change if you need to also.

Here is another screen from File/Open:

graphic

On your scenario you mentioned, I think I would question whether or not the program was ran with administrative rights, like maybe they did not have full access.

To prevent this, when you run the program, right click on it and select 'Run as Administrator'.

I would do the same thing with the installation - if you have the download or cd, find the setup.exe installation file and run as administrator to install.

You shouldn't have any trouble.