Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
23822421

My Canon Pixma MX860 keeps displaying Error C000. I just changed

Customer Question

My Canon Pixma MX860 keeps displaying Error C000. I just changed the ink cartridges. What's wrong? It says it's not communicating with my computer, but the scanner works fine.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Jhon Cappuccio, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

This error code refers to a paper jam. Please follow all the steps below:

ssue: ERROR LCD: Error Code C000

Solution: Clearing Paper Jams - MX860

Remove the paper following the procedure below.

1. Slowly pull the paper out, either from the Rear Tray or from the Paper Output Slot, whichever is easier.

note:
  • If the paper tears and a piece remains inside the machine, turn the machine off, open the Scanning Unit (Cover), and remove the paper. Be careful not to touch the components inside the machine. After removing all paper, close the Scanning Unit (Cover), and turn the machine back on.
  • If you cannot pull the paper out, turn the machine off and turn it back on. The paper may be ejected automatically.

2. Reload the paper, and press the OK button on the machine.

If you turned off the machine in step 1, all print jobs in the queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.

note:
  • When reloading the paper, confirm that you are using the correct paper and are loading it correctly.
  • A5 sized paper is suited to printing documents consisting mainly of text. We do not recommend using such paper to print documents with photos or graphics, since the printout may curl and cause paper exit jams.

If you cannot remove the paper or the paper tears inside the machine, or if the paper jam error continues after removing the paper, contact the service center.

1. Detach the Rear Cover. The Rear tray Support must be extended fully to access.

2. Pull the paper out slowly.

note:
  • Be careful not to touch the components inside the machine.

3. Attach the Rear Cover.

Push the left side of the Rear Cover until it is closed completely.

If you were not able to remove the paper out in step 2:

4. Remove the Cassette.

5. Pull the paper out slowly.

6. If any paper is sticking out of the Cassette, remove the paper, align and reload the paper in the Cassette.

If you did not remove the jammed paper out in step 1 to 5 when automatic duplex printing, check the duplex transport section.

note:
  • When reloading the paper into the machine, confirm that you are using the correct paper and are loading it into the machine correctly.

7. Insert the Cassette into the machine again, and press the OK button on the machine.

If you turned off the machine in step 2, all print jobs in queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.

If you cannot remove the paper or if the paper tears inside the machine, or if the paper jam error continues after removing the paper, contact the service center.

1. Turn off the machine, and unplug the power cord of the machine from the power supply.

2. Remove the Cassette.

If the paper is loaded on the Rear Tray, remove the paper from the Rear Tray and retract the Paper Support.

3. Set the machine upright with the left side down.

attention:
  • When standing the machine, make sure that the Scanning Unit (Cover) is closed securely.

4. Slowly pull the jammed paper out so that the paper does not tear.

note:
  • Set the machine back to its original position immediately after removing the jammed paper.

5. Align the paper, then reload it in the Cassette.

Reload paper in the Rear Tray, if necessary.

note:

6. Insert the Cassette into the machine again.

7. Plug the machine back in and turn the machine back on.

All print jobs in queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.

Make sure of the following:

Check 1: Are there any foreign objects around the Paper Output Slot?

Check 2: Are there any foreign objects in the Rear Tray?

If there are any foreign objects in the Rear Tray, be sure to turn off the machine, unplug it from the power supply, then remove the foreign object.

Check 3: Is the Rear Cover closed completely?

Check 4: Is the paper curled?

Please let me know if it worked. If didn't work, please LET ME KNOW so we can try with another solution.

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio

*** 3 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1* If you are happy with my answer, please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2* Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback. Please DO NOT click Accept is you are not satisfied with my answer. Instead, let me know it, so we can try with another solution.

3* Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Jhon - look, that didn't work. The error code is not C000. I was wrong. The error comes on my computer when I try to print. It says Error 000. Then it says make sure printer is on and connected correctly. But, it is corrected, because it will scan and send the scanned image to my computer. So that's the problem. OK?
I am sorry but I am out of ideas. I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you.

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK, but how long will that take?
I don't know exactly. You can log off and you will receive an email when an expert sends you an asnwer.

Thank you