Chris Kluka
Chris Kluka, Colledge Tutor
Experience:  3 year Deploma in Information Systems Technolgy, 4 year BCIS to be completed (04/2011). Tutor.

I have a emerson bluetooth and it want connect to my iphone

I have a emerson bluetooth and it want connect to my iphone it just keep searching can someone help me.
The basic instructions for connecting an emerson bluetooth device are:

1.Press and hold the Multifunction button in the middle of a boom headset while the headset is closed. The light will glow blue.

2.Open the boom microphone and the blue light should remain on. If not, repeat step 1.

3.On the cell phone, press Menu > Settings > Connection > Bluetooth > Handsfree > New Device

4.Select (Searched bluetooth device) once a connection is detected.

5.The passkey "0000" is now entered to confirm the connection has been made.

6.The cell phone screen will now read "Bluetooth Connection".

One thing i have noticed, is that in certain devices and versions from this vendor, the documentation says 0000, but the actual code is 1234.

Please let me know if this works for you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Its took the 0000 and its still want connect it just saying searching.

Does the iPhone show that it is synced with your headset?

Is it perhaps searching for other devices now?

Also, once you sync a device, you need to "subscribe" to it's services. In the case of a headset, it will have an audio service that the iPhone needs to subscribe to.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it saying discoverable but it not finding it. It just stay in that mold.
Please see this:

Page 43. Section "Bluetooth Status".

Is the bluetooth logo displaying as blue, white, or grey?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
A blue "B" indicates that a Bluetooth device is correctly synced.

Have you tried calling yourself? (make sure you answer with the headset, not the "answer" button on the iPhone)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the light on the bluetooth is blue but my iphone say not connected and now discoverable.
Please see my previous question:

"Please see this: Page 43. Section "Bluetooth Status". Is the bluetooth logo displaying as blue, white, or grey?"

I'm referring to the "B" (Bluetooth logo) in the display of the iPhone itself, not the light on your Bluetooth headset.

Please confirm the color of the "B" in the iPhone.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
on the iphone i dont see a b it just have the em227 and is still say not connected. I called myself and its not connected.
If that is the case, then I have no further advice I can offer you. I can submit a refund request; however; I suspect this is a hardware incompatibility between the headset you are trying to use, and the iPhone.

Did you just purchase the headset? Would you be able to exchange it for one that is confirmed as working?

A list of compatible devices is here: (this list is far from "official" but it is devices that are known to work with the iPhone):

Confirmed iPhone Bluetooth compatible products
Aliph Jawbone
Apple Bluetooth Headset
Samsung WEP 410
Plantronics Discovery 640E
Plantronics 655
Nextlink AX2 bluespoon
BlueAnt Supertooth Light Lite Bluetooth Handsfree Speakerphone
Nokia BH-900
Motorola H-500
Motorola H-700
Plantronics 320

This list is from
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you Chris for your help, i will have to go out and buy me another bluetooth im not going to ask for a refund you work hard at trying to help me.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX that.

I personally recommend a jawbone headset.