Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

i have a hp mini 110 with xp and needto restore to factory

i have a hp mini 110 with xp and needto restore to factory settings how if possible do i do this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.

Does your HP mini has a CD Drive in it ?

Do you have HP recovery disc ?

Where are you located

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no cd drive no disc loc. wabash IN
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.

You need to perform system recovery on your computer. You can do it in two ways as explained below.
Follow the steps below to use HP Recovery Manager to return your notebook to its baseline factory condition, then allow the PC to run all the setup programs.

Please let me know if you are stuck at any step.
  1. Press the power button to turn on the PC, and press F11 on the keyboard immediately while the computer is starting up. The HP Backup and Recovery Manager window will appear.
    NOTE: Depending on the BIOS version, your computer may display multiple prompts during startup including F11 to start System Recovery. Pressing the F11 key on a computer with an HP factory image wiill start System Recovery even if the prompt is not displayed.
  2. Click Advanced options , select the System recovery option, and then click Next .
  3. If the Recovery Manager can access the hard drive it displays a prompt to backup up user files before continuing the recovery. You may either backup your files, or skip the backup and recover the operating system.
  4. If the Recovery Manager cannot access the hard drive to fix the system errors, you will need the Recovery disks.
If you dont have the disc, you will have to call HP and order the disc :
800-HP invent

If you are not located in US let me know your country's name.

You will need external USB CD Drive to use this disc.

Put the Recovery Disk into your drive and restart your computer. Restart computer and on startup screen it will mention a Key to enter setup. Press that key immediately to enter setup. Then you will find many tabs. Goto BOOT tab. Change the boot order to make the CD Drive as 1st device in Boot order list and do Save and Exit. Then restart computer making sure disc is already in CD Drive. This will load computer from recovery disc.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.