Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified IT Guru since C-64 and Amiga, expert at grey areas....
16561526

Why doesnt my Media player show a rip tab I can

Customer Question

Why doesn't my Media player show a "rip" tab? I can't get it to rip any cds.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 6 years ago.

hello sir/madam,

in windows media player 12, there is no a RIP tab.

to rip a cd, please do this:

Insert an audio CD into the CD drive to be ripped. Run Windows Media Player on your Windows 7.

Click the Rip CD button in Now Playing mode to begin ripping. The operation is very easy for you to do.

After the songs have been ripped, you can find and play them in the Player Library.

if you have trouble, i will be here.

Regards

Edited by XXXXX XXXXXnell on 2/1/2010 at 4:22 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't find "now playing mode" on my windows media player. I am not sure what version of windows media player I have. I have tried to get the cd to be read but to no avail. Still not working as you had prescribed.

Hello sir,

please press CTRL+3 key.

when you are there, you will see the COPY CD icon.

please see this picture

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I followed your instructions exactly but when that window opens there is NO rip icon on that screen. I have no idea why this is. I am accepting your help even though the problem wasn't fixed. I feel this could go on forever with no resolution. Thank you anyway. I won't be using this service again.

hello sir,

can you go to HELP / ABOUT

what is the version of your media player? is it version 12?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't seem to find which version I have no matter where I go or how I do it. I have looked everywhere I can think of but this is a completely new system and it was installed before I bought it. All I knoiw is it is windows version home premium version. It may have upgraded once I began to work with it but I can't seem to find anything specific about which version I have. Sorry but I am still trying to get acquainted witth windows 7. I am a dummie!! I have an emachine pc.

hello sir,

i am out of ideas, let me opt-out now, and redirect this problem to another expert.

if nobody opts-in back, we can continue again.

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am ready to opt out too. I don't think I get get any reolutions with this service.
Expert:  Molinari replied 6 years ago.

WMP 12 comes with windows 7, this is what they say to do:

1. Insert an audio CD into the CD drive. Run Windows Media Player on your Windows 7. Before ripping, you could do some customizaed settings for ripping CD music.

2. Click the Rip CD button in Now Playing mode or Rip CD in the Player Library to begin ripping. The operation is very easy for you to do.

3. After the songs have been ripped, you can find and play them in the Player Library.

To switch to "now playing" hit the 4 squares on the bottom right corner:

graphic

Edited by Molinari on 2/1/2010 at 3:46 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have tried this already. THERE IS NO RIP CD ICON IN THE NOW PLAYING SCREEN WHEN I INSERT A CD! I can't keep trying the same things. For some reason, even though I have checked and made sure that the commands to automatically rip cds to library has been turned on, it won't do that. I do not get a rip icon on any screen with this windows media player and it's soooo frustrating.
Expert:  Molinari replied 6 years ago.
Do you see the 4 little sqaures in the bottom right corner of the picture above?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes.. I did that and went to noiw playing,, folowed your instructionc but NO ICON TO RIP CD CAME UP!!!
Expert:  Molinari replied 6 years ago.

The window should look like this:

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry.. there was no image..I tried to open the image to no avail..By remembering what you want (as what the last tech wanted), I know what the screen should look like.. it looks like that with 1 exception.. no "rip" icon once I insert the cd. We seem to keep going in circles, repeating the same steps with the same results..none
Expert:  Molinari replied 6 years ago.

Can you see menus when not in now playing:

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Molinari replied 6 years ago.

Ok, go to tools, options, rip music and see what the settings are....

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where would I find tools on the windows media player screen? I don't see that
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I found it under Organize. Under the Rip section, it says the music is stored in my public music, c drive, and it's checked to rip cds automatically and eject cd after ripping
Expert:  Molinari replied 6 years ago.
Uncheck rip automatiaclly and see if the icon shows up....
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no that doesn't work either. I have to leave now.. won't be back for 4 hours. Shall we call this off? I want to end this now.
Expert:  Molinari replied 6 years ago.

If that's your wish...

I'll let the higher ups know.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
that is my wish. Than k you! I won't be charged will I?
Expert:  Molinari replied 6 years ago.
Nope.