Diana
Diana, Consultant
Experience:  18 years hands-on experience; MCSE, CNE, B.S. Computer Science
24344604

I have been given an Model A1320 Ipod nano16GB. I also have

I have been given an Model A1320 Ipod nano16GB. I also have a BOSE SoundDock to go with it. The requisite software needs to be downloaded onto my PC. Just where and how do I find the relative screen from which to download the software? This is the first IPOD that I have ever had. I shall use the IPOD mainly to download music from CDs.

Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Diana replied 4 years ago.

iTunes is available from Apple as a free download, which you can obtain using the following link:

Download iTunes

After it is download and installed, simply plug your iPod into your computer and follow the prompts in iTunes to setup the iPod (it's straightforward).

You can copy CDs to your iTunes library by following these steps:
  1. Open iTunes

2. Insert your audio CD into your computer.

3. Click on the CD name in the Source list. (This shows a list of songs on that CD.)

4. Uncheck any songs you don't want to import to iTunes.
  5. Click "Import CD."
  6. iTunes you will now copy the selected songs from the CD to your iTunes Library.

7. Once all of the songs are imported, click "Eject Disc."

8. Remote the CD from your Computer
After you have some music in your iTunes Library you'll need to sync your ipod with your library.

1. Open iTunes
  2. Plug in your iPod to your computer
  3. Under Devices, highlight your iPod
  4. On the Summary Tab, click Sync
  5. Choose Sync Music, then All Music
  6. Choose Sync and the music will be copied to your iPod.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Diana
Diana, Consultant
Experience: 18 years hands-on experience; MCSE, CNE, B.S. Computer Science
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. I hope this is the end of my frustrations. I hope two of my earlier deposits can be refunded or cancelled. I am happy to pay for one of them - and for your own, although it seems to be free..
Expert:  Diana replied 4 years ago.

Here is a link to the JustAnswer refund page, you'll find a link where you can explain what happened and you will receive a refund.
http://support.justanswer.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=printable&kbarticleid=207

At JustAnswer, we offer verified expert assistance in a wide range of topics - health, law, automotive, computer. I'm a computer expert. People post questions and we help them solve the problem, yes, sometimes the software in free. Often people need some guidance on obtaining the free software or assistance installing it.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,
Diana
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Diana

Had message that my question has been opened to all Experts. I am satisfied I have been able deal with my problem. One way it might have been avoided is that the package in which my IPOD came was 'sealed' with transparrant tape. I did not know its base had a helpful instruction booklet and connecting cables hidden in the base of the perspex package. Had I purchased it I am sure the retailer would have pointed that out. But it came as a present and visiting a retailer is difficult for me. I had been using just the BOSE instructions which are of course limited so far as the IPOD itself is concerned.

Please can you please now CANCEL Emails continuing to come to me. I will 'live with' the charges to my Credit Card, unless there is some way you can refund them. I have it seems had more of your time, albeit of the electronic nature. A personal call I am sure would also have prevented the problem, but you may well have an embargo in Apple on all use of telephones! . Gordon Waine 44 (0)115(NNN) NNN-NNNN