Josh, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  7 Years experience. Microsoft IT Pro, Microsoft Cert Pro, MCDST. I do this for a living not for fun.

how can i change my desktop background on my acer laptop

Customer Question

how can i change my desktop background on my acer laptop?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
right click anywhere on the desktop and click personalize then click background on the bottom of the window that opens, and select the image you are trying to make your background.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that did not work. when i right click i dont get set this as a background or what you suggested ..there wasnt an option like that.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
1. Right click on a empty space on the desktop and click on Personalize. (See screenshot below)

2. Click on the Desktop Background link at the bottom of the window. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: The name in gray under Desktop Background is the current desktop background file name.
Desktop Background - Change-personalize.jpg
3. Select a Picture Location -
A) Click on the drop down arrow menu to select from the list of available picture folder locations, or click on the Browse button to navigate to the picture folder location. (See screenshot below step 7)
NOTE: To use another regional wallpaper, see the yellow TIP box at the top of the tutorial.
B) Select the picture folder and click on Select Folder.
4. Select a Desktop Background -
A) Right click on an available picture, or click (check) on the box in the upper left corner of the picture, to select it. (See screenshot below step 7)
NOTE: You can continue to right click on the images to see it previewed on your desktop until you decide which one you like best.
5. Select the Picture Position -
A) Click on the drop down arrow menu, and click on the picture position you want for the desktop background. (See bottom of screenshot below step 7)
6. For a Desktop SlideShow -
A) For how, see: How to Create a Desktop Slideshow in Windows 7
7. Click on OK to apply the changes. (See screenshot below)
Desktop Background - Change-desktop_background.jpg
8. Close the Personalize window when done. (See screenshot below step 2)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when i right click i dont get the personalize button mine ends at gadgets....

Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
try hitting the windows button in the lower left corner of your screen and type in personalize and hit enter
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that didnt work either ...
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Is this computer part of a domain? Try right clicking on the photo you want and click on set as desktop background
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
im sorry what do you mean by domain? and that didnt work either... i dont understand why this isnt working
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Let me do some research and i will get back with you