Jim Bayliss
Jim Bayliss, MSP Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft Certified in Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, Server 2008
29530114

I keep getting a Stop code. 0x0000007E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005,

I keep getting a Stop code.

0x0000007E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0XFFFFF8000CF9D539, 0XFFFFF880009A9198,0XFFFFF880009A89F0)
It is also telling me to to check if i have adequate disk space. If a driver is Identified i the stop message, disable the driver of check with the manufacturer for driver updates. (dont know how if windows is not installed.) Try changing video adapters. (Running DVI.) Then it tells me how to diable BIOS (Caching and shadowing have not done this yet.)
Please help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jim Bayliss replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

Often times the 0x7E error is a problem with RAM. Try removing one of the memory sticks and rerunning the install. If you get the error again, try a different memory stick. Also, I believe that the Windows 7 disk has a memory scanner on it. You may want to run that to check if it detects any issues.

Jim

Jim Bayliss, MSP Systems Engineer
Experience: Microsoft Certified in Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, Server 2008
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how would I check and detect the memory on my system?

I removed one of the stick like you said and now It loaded to a blue screen with a white humming bird on it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I took out one of the sticks and now it is loading up. It is now telling me to select drivers to be installed and i do not have any that i know of can you please help me.

Which drivers is it asking you for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You got me to the Install Window. It says "Select the driver to be installed." Then it has Brows and Rescan on the bottom of the box.

The problem is there is no drivers to select.

During the installation, is there an option to install drivers and you're selecting it? The only thing I can think of that it would be prompting you for drivers for is if it doesn't see your hard drive.

Try entering the BIOS (Often times it says Press F# XXXXX enter setup), and see if there is a setting that is preventing OS install. There is sometimes a protection in the BIOS so you can't accidentally overwrite the OS on the hard drive.

Also, sometimes you may need to specify in the BIOS that you have a SATA drive, if that is the case.

If neither of those is the case, you'll need to find the driver disk for your motherboard and try to find the drivers for the hard disk controller on the motherboard.