Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience
16548393

How do I fix a Microsoft error code 0x80070021 issue Ive

How do I fix a Microsoft error code: 0x80070021 issue I've been having with Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Computer2010 replied 4 years ago.

hello,

thanks for asking your problem on justanswer.com

Please let me know when do you get this error message ?

Edited by Computer2010 on 1/24/2010 at 9:20 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I try to archive oe manually save my Outlook plst file, I get a notice of failure and the error message. The explanation is that the file is locked and cannot be accessed.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to continue with you.

Sometimes this can happen if you have google desktop notifier installed. If you have that installed my suggestion is to uninstall it and then try your MS Oulook.

If that doesn't work please let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ryan:

I do not have google desktop notifier installed. I thought the Seagate Backup System I did have installed might be the problem, so I removed the disk drive. I now appear to be able to copy the .pst file but the synch between the Windows PC and MobileMe calendars will not work.

When I tried to copy the .pst file before, the error message I got was: "An unexpected error is keepong you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error ox80070021. The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file."

In sum, there is still no resolution to the problem - MobileMe will not synch to Outlook.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.
HelloCustomer could you please tell me when you are trying to do the sync is outlook still open or have you closed it first?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Outlook is still open. Should I close it before synching? Also, when does MobileMe do its synching with Outlook: when the PC first boots (i.e., before Outlook is open) or anytime whether or not Outlook is open?
Expert:  replied 4 years ago.
In order for the files to be copied or synced outlook will need to be closed because the .PST file gets locked when in use.

When setting up MobileMe you can set it up to sync automatically which could do it at any point in time as soon as you turn your computer on or if your computer is already on.

Click the link below for a little information:

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/setup/pc.html
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Experience: Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience