James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.
24111805

How I can remove the bios password of Lenovo Thinkpad T40

How I can remove the bios password XXXXX Lenovo Thinkpad T400?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.

Have u already removed the CMOS battery from the motherboard?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
OKay
remove the CMOS battery on the motherboard and take a wire and connect to terminal of the battery holder and then reinsert the CMOS battery ...

then restart & let me know
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is no holder for CMOS battery... it's connected by wire to motherboard
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
okay

short the wires ...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry! what you mean by short the wires

Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
The wires where connected to the motherboard ...

connect those point with a metal to short
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I did and then I open the computer again but still ask me the password
Expert:  Satchi replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I am out of idea ...

I will open this question to other experts ...

They will help you ...

good luck
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.

I am very sorry to tell you this, but there is absolutely no way you can reset the password XXXXX your Lenovo thinkpad.
These machines are purposely built so that they cannot be broken into if stolen.

The only way to regain access to the computer is to replace the entire motherboard.

Thanks,

James.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there any way can I make the cd booting first without accest to bois?

Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.

You are completely locked out of the computer without the BIOS password. You cannot do anything without it. Very sorry...

James.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you think if i send back to the company they will unlock it?

Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
They will not unlock it - they will replace the board for you. They do not have the ability to lock it.

James.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay ... thanks a lot
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
My pleasure.
I'd appreciate it if you can hit Accept so I can close this case.
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience: 20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.