Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

I have a Lexmark X5650 all in one printer/fax. I had intalled

I have a Lexmark X5650 all in one printer/fax. I had intalled Windows 7 and the printer no longer worked. SO I uninstalled the printer driver and installed the update one from the Lexmark site..... still does not work.... I have tried the troublshooting tips.... it's working on line and cnnected....I'm at a loss and it's interfer
ing wih my work terribly. Can you help me please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
what happens when you try to print something?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
IT says " Communication not available"
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
Ok please change the usb cable with a completely different usb cable and connect it to a different port on the computer. Then restart the computer and try printing again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I could try this but it means going out and buying another cable. This cable works fine from my other computer tot he printer....so that leads me to believe it's not the usb cable..... thoughts???/
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
Ok I will opt out and open this to all experts then
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
DOn't know what else to say.... please help :)
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
Ok please test the machine with the other computer again and let me know if you can still print correctly with it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have successfully printed from my other computer...... one thing I remembered is that the error message sometimes says that the file lxducoms.exe and lxduwbqx.exe.... could not be found or were unusable...can't remember which..... hope that helps :)
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
Ok it sounds like your driver has gotten corrupt somehow. Delete the printer from printers in windows. Then restart the computer. Then download and install a fresh copy of the updated windows 7 driver from here Click here and install that. Then try printing again.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have done that already and nothing changed except now that I think about it the error message witht he missing file.exe was before I reinstalled the new updated driver....does that make sense?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
Yes that makes sense. It may be because of the version of windows 7 you installed for. Are you using 32bit or 64bit windows 7? If your not sure click start then right click computer and click properties it will tell you there.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am using 64 bit thus installed for that.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
Ok please try this following these exact steps if one is not done exactly it could miss a file which is what the errors you are getting are suggesting.

First uninstall the printer and any printer software
Then download a fresh copy of this to your desktop but DO NOT run it: Click here
Disconnect the USB cable from the computer and then restart the computer
Once you have start the installation only connect the USB cable when it tells you too
Then once installed DO NOT try to print yet instead restart the computer
Once restarted then try to print something and let me know the results

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you I will do that but first can yyou tell me the proper way to uninstall the printer and esp. the printer software. I want to make sure I am doing it correctly. Thanks
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
For the software you can use the programs and features applet in the control panel. Then click on any lexmark software and click on uninstall. For the printer you just need to open the printers folder and delete the lexmark printers there.Here are the rest of the steps as well in case you need them again.

download a fresh copy of this to your desktop but DO NOT run it: Click here

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you! Thank you! THank you! Your a genius :) I am thrilled it's printing.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
your welcome and have a wonderful evening