Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax

Hello, I bought a Sony Vaio (VGN-FW390) laptop last spring.

I bought a Sony Vaio (VGN-FW390) laptop last spring. The computer cam pre-loaded with software. I did not receive software disks with the computer. I need them. How do I get the software disks sent to me.

Perhaps you can pull up my purchase account with the following details. If not, let me know what is needed to verify the laptop purchase.

Barry Wilson
19601 Stough Farm Road
Cornelius, NC 28031
Mobile #(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Email:[email protected]
Work email:[email protected]

Thank you, Barry
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 6 years ago.

hello sir

you don't need to have any disks, because FW series has a special recovery partition on your harddisk. by using this partition, you can reinstall your computer (set it to factory condition)

turn off your computer, and press the F12 button repeatedly until you see the recovery program.

when you are in the recovery program, follow on screen instructions carefully and your system will be ready in 30-40 minutes.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What if I want to load the Microsoft Office software on another family computer. Do I have to buy the software a second time, or am I entitled to use the software on more than 1 computer.

Answer this question and I will ACCEPT for payment.

Thanks, Barry

hello sir

you can install over and over again on the same computer.

you can install your office program on 2 computers (according to eula, you can install it on your computer and install on a portable device - which may be your laptop - )

if you didn't install your product on another computer yet, you can use your right to install it on your sony vaio.