Nilesh
Nilesh, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  2 years of Experience in computers & dealt with numerous problems till date
15932610

How do I prevent my computer from running script so I never

Customer Question

How do I prevent my computer from running script so I never see a script error message come up on my computer again. I do not care if a page on the internet or my computer has a script error. In additon, if all script running is stopped what does this do to a computer. I've ask these questions several times on the internet and get a worthless answer about disabling the script debugging and preventiong notification of errors on the internet browser. I think making these changes causes more script error notifications than less. Someone told that it is impossible to prevent these script error messages from comming up and forcing someone to answer yes or no on every page. Please let me know if it's possible to prevent script error messges from comming and if doing this will adversely effect my computer.If this is possible, please let me know how to do it or if I need a computer expert to help me out. remember, I do not want to minimize the error messages, I want them eliminated. thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nilesh replied 4 years ago.

I would like to assist you regarding this issue.

What is your Internet explorer version?

Open Run box. (to open run box press ** Windows key + R)(** Windows key lies between Alt & Ctrl button)

Type

control

in the run box & hit Enter

In Control Panel, search for Internet Options.

On the Advanced tab, click to select the Disable script debugging (Internet broser) & Disable script debugging (other) check box.

Also click to select the Display a notification about every script error check box

click Apply. Click OK.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Nilesh
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately, your answer is not acceptable. Disabling the script debugging on a microsoft 7or 8 browser will not prevent script errors. However, preventing the browsers from running script on web pages will prevent script errors on my computer. The problem is how does someone program a microsoft browser to stop running script, so a script error message on web pages will never come up again. If my question has no positive answer, please explain to my satisfaction why microsoft browsers cannot to programed to stop running script, and I will accept your answer. If you need help from others, or feel that someone else should answer this question, please do so. I might add the Firefox browser apparently has an add on that will stop running script; however I doubt if it works. Also, my Juno provider will not allow me to launch to the internet without a microsoft browse. Can someone also tell me if the Firefox works. I looked at a lot of free canned info on the internet about this subject and no one provided an answer any better than the one you answered. They also could not tell me if stop running script has any adverse effect on a computer.
Expert:  Nilesh replied 4 years ago.
I apologize for the delayed responce.

Internet Explorer script error messages appear when the formatting of a web page you are viewing is faulty. There is not much the browser can do than not displaying these errors, if user don.t want to see them.

the care should be taken by the site makers to avoid the script errors

let me know if you still have any doubt

Edited by Nilesh on 1/13/2010 at 6:12 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NILESH, I received your last answer and it was no better than the first answer. I ask a question to find out how I could get rid of script errors. All you said is that site makers should avoid the script errors and not much can be done. I ask our local "Geek" guys at Best-Buy and got the right work done on my computer and the right answers. They downloaded new Java files and a Firefox browser with a "no script" add on and worked on the computers script manager files to minimize errors on the microsoft browser. After this was completed, I went to three sites using a Mircosoft browser that brought up script error messages, and then I went to the same sites with the Firefox browser without getting any script error messages.This is the kind of stuff I was willing to pay you guys for. Maybe I should get $18 for explaining how to get rid of script errors. Please leave the $18 in my account for any legal problems and I'll talk to the local geeks, in person, about my computer problems. The geeks also fully explained to me what these script errors are and why they cannot stop them from running to my satisfaction.
thanks