Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified

HP Officejet 6500 Wireless printer says No computer connection

Customer Question

HP Officejet 6500 Wireless printer says "No computer connection" and then Ink Cartridge failure. It said there was a problem with the black cartridge, perhaps damage so I bought a new one and inserted. Nothing happened. Still will not print with same error messages.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am Jhon Cappuccio, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Let me know the exact error message and if you get any error number, like 0xc......

Reset your HP Officejet and let me know if it worked
1. Verify that the unit is switched on.
2. Remove the power cable from the back of the machine. (not from the wall outlet)
3. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Press and hold the POWER button on the front panel (DO NOT RELEASE IT)
5. Do not release the power button yet, and reinsert the power cable in the backside of the unit. (Wait 10 seconds and release the power button)
6. Print a test page. If the problem persists, the cartridge should be replaced.

Thank you

Jhon Cappuccio
* * * Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. * * *
Any bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Due to the extended time it took to receive an answer from Just Answer, and the fact that the answer was insufficent, I do not feel I should pay the $9 fee. The answer given by Just Answer was the identical information that I found myself on the HP help website. All of these techniques were already attempted to no avail. I was therefore going to Just Answer for something more definitive.

I do not feel this deserves a fee. Thank you.

I am opting out so any other expert can try to help you. Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is no need for that as I spoke to a rep at HP who resolved the issue. Thank you for your follow-up.
You are welcome.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am unsure as to the reason I must continue to "reply" to this issue when I stated my position very clearly on my initial response.

My question was answered over 2 hours later from the time I sent it. The answer I received from the Just Answer professional was the exact same answer given on the hp help website! When I did not get an answer from Just Answer, I went to the hp site and followed the instructions there. My printing issue was resolved at that point. Almost 3 hours later, I received a response from Just Answer and it is the same instructions given by hp.

Why should I pay Just Answer for an answer that was given freely on the hp website? I can only assume that your expert went to the hp website and answered my question based on hp's suggestion. Due to the extended wait time for Just Answer, I had to attempt to resolve the issue myself. I am self-employed and I was attempting to print payroll checks for my employees. Time was of the essence and I could not wait for a reply from Just Answer.

Thank you.

You are welcomeCustomer