Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance

how can I factory reset on a samsung R510 laptop I want to

how can I factory reset on a samsung R510 laptop? I want to restore my laptop to state it was when I first got it.
Do you have the recovary media?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I have recovery disks but I don't know how to wipe everything off first.
To use the system restore Wizard, open the Help and Support application form the start menu and type "system restore wizard" into the search box.From the displayed results click on the link titled "Run the system restore wizard".
Follow the on screen prompts from the wizard to restore your system to an earlier state. Note, that any applications or drivers that you have installed since the restore point will be disabled. It may also be necessary to roll the system back to the penultimate restore point for satisfactory operation.

Please note that your personal data, e-mails, contacts, buddy lists and applications will be deleted when this system restore procedure is complete. You should back your data up before continuing.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have followed yor instructions but it does not give me an option for " Run system restore wizard"

have you any other suggestions, or any other ways of locating this?

Thank you for your help
Do you have Vista or Xp installed?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Windows Vista
If you have the recovary disc then just boot the pc with the disc and follow the instructions one by one your existing data will be erased and the pc will restore the factory defaults.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
cool! Thanks so much for your help Laughing
Glad to hear that....Smile