Kevin, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional (MCSA, MCP) Technician with over 20 years of PC experience.

My HP Officejet 6500 is not connected to the computer. How

My HP Officejet 6500 is not connected to the computer. How do I reconnect it? My scanner doesn't work. It this the same problem?

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Can you tell me a little bit more about what you mean by not connected? Are you getting some sort of error message?

The two things you mentioned are likely the same problem...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

On the printer it says that I am not connected to the computer.

Have you doublechecked the USB cable between the printer and the computer to make sure it hasn't come loose? If so, is there a chance you might have another cable to try? They do fail on occasion...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I try to scan it says No Scan Options. Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot. I checked the cables and they are all in.
What operating system are you using and has the scan feature worked before?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes I have scanned over 200 documents. We recently got new windows in our house and had to move the computer desk to get to it. After that I have been having all these problems. our operating system is XP
Do you have another cable you could use just to rule it out? I replace them in our office pretty often for similar reasons.