Joseph
Joseph, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Certification in SAP and more than 3 years of experience in Software engineering.
27113160

my laptop says reboot and select proper boot device or select

Customer Question

my laptop says reboot and select proper boot device or select boot media in selected boot device and press any key but i don't have any boot media i tried to call the number on my laptop but the number is XXXXX to you XXX-XXX-XXXX how can i get my laptop to work? i have a 4200 series
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.

Home > Data Recovery First Aid > Boot from Boot Disk

Selecting a Boot Device

Often your computer may fail to boot from the hard drive due to logical system corruption or hard disk failure. Commonly you may want to boot from other data media (such a CD or floppy disk) in order to perform some system rescue. To boot up from a different bootup media, you just need to configure your BIOS to change the boot sequence.

The boot sequence is a functionality located in most of the modern pc BIOS that tells your computer the sequence of devices to look for as the booting device (must have the necessary operating system) each time you power up your computer.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer
  • Hit DEL or any key that prompts to enter the BIOS

The following message is usually displayed when you power up your computer:

Press <this key> to enter Setup. <this key> is normally [del], [ESC] or any other keys depending on the BIOS that comes with the computer.
  • In the BIOS menu, look for Boot Sequence
  • Select your required boot device to be the first boot device

For example if you want to boot from the floppy disk, select floppy drive to be the first boot device. Likewise, if you want to boot up from a Windows CD, select CD-ROM to be the first boot device instead.
  • Save and exit the BIOS
  • Insert the boot floppy disk or Windows CD into your computer
  • Restart the computer. The computer should now be booting up from your required data media.

Also please refer this link::

http://www.hiren.info/pages/bios-boot-cdrom

Thanks.

________________________________________________________________________
If it didnt work let me know.

If my answer was helpful press ACCEPT and leave a POSITIVE feedback.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i don;t have any boot device to insert
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.
No need to insert any boot device or cd. Just set CD drive as first booting device.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I AM REPLYING TO YOU ON MY WORK COMPUTOR BUT THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM IS MY PERSONAL LAPTOP AVERATEC 4200 SERIES
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.
Do only these steps.

Restart your computer
Hit DEL or any key that prompts to enter the BIOS

Press to enter Setup. is normally [del], [ESC] or any other keys depending on the BIOS that comes with the computer.
In the BIOS menu, look for Boot Sequence
Select your required boot device to be the first boot device

Save and exit the BIOS