Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a lenovo ideapad and it will not boot up. It was working

I have a lenovo ideapad and it will not boot up. It was working up to December 25, 2009. Up until then I was playing chuzzle and bejewelled 2 on it. I also to get on the internet using a modem and couldn't get through even though I opened up several items from other menu. Do you have any idea how I may fix this problem. I bought the netbook in October 2009 in Jamaica but presently I am in the USA
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Please answer all these questions 1 to 3 point by point.

1. When you press the power button to turn it on, do you see any thing on screen, like the Lenovo boot up screen or something like that. Or is it completely blank (black color) always.

2. Can you see a faint image of your desktop (try to see it in dark place with flash light). This is important to confirm.

3. Also, when you press power button, do you see the LED lights on laptop blinking or solid green (which ones are in blinking/solid) and do hear any sound ? Or do you feel that your laptop doesnt even try to boot.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

1. i see the lenovo big on the screen then it says at the bottom of the screen it says resuming windows then it goes black.

2. I do not see a faint image of my desktop.

3. These lights are blue. The power light and the battery light are solid, the other one is blinking. When I just turned on the computer I could hear the sound, then it stopped so I think it stopped trying to boot.

Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

After the screen goes black ... do you see a blinking cursor at top left corner of screen ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no, after a long time, (like say 30 45 minutes), the camera comes up I click it off then after 20 minutes the log-in page comes up when I click on my log-in it goes black again until after a long while the computer goes off.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry but I didnt get it.

What do you mean by : the camera comes up I click it off

Which camera comes up even before you login ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my computer came with a camera/webcam ? it comes up everytime you try toboot up just before you log in
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

Are you talking about the built in webcam on the laptop ? ... or is it an external camera ?

By comes up, do you mean that the LED light comes on .. or can you see yourself in the cam ?

Did you try safe mode ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am talking bot the built in webcam on the laptop.

I can see myself in the in the cam.

I don't know what is safe mode

Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

Please goto safe mode using the following steps.
Steps:
1. Restart your laptop and keep pressing F8 key.
2. This will take you to Boot Option Menu
3. Select "Safe Mode"
4. Press Enter
5. Windows should load in Safe Mode

Let me know result

Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience: 11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I restarted and pressed f8 key and followed the steps. thankfully i am now able to see my desktop with all the icons on it. does this mean the problem has been corrected. what was the problem? will i have to do further work on it?
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

Please follow the steps below and let me know results.

Steps:
3. Select "Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)"
4. Press Enter
5. Windows should load normally.

Let me know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT". I am paid only when you "ACCEPT"

If it did not help, please let me know instead of leaving a Negative Feedback.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.