Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer, Microsoft
Experience:  approx 20 years of experience from software to hardware design

The Safari icon has disappeared from the dock at the bottom

Customer Question

The Safari icon has disappeared from the dock at the bottom of my screen. I am panicing! Where did it go?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Claws224 replied 6 years ago.

Can you open your hard drive from its icon then open Applications and see if Safari is there, If it is can you just drag the safari icon from the Applications folder to your dock then let go and let me know if it then appears in the dock.

Let me know if you have any issues

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. That worked. I feel really stupid. I thought about doing that, but didn't follow through. It's nice to know there is assisance out there when our brains go numb. But I still don't know what would cause it to disappear in the first place. I didn't do anythingout of the ordinary:)
Expert:  Claws224 replied 6 years ago.

Honestly sometimes you can inadvertantly catch the icon when you are trying to double click, The issue is that when you move an icon from the dock it goes poof and dissapears, it does not just land on the desktop so you can replace it.

Anyway I am glad you got it sorted out