RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Experience:  5+ Years in IT, BS in Computer Science

I need a pairing code for my Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile 6000

I need a pairing code for my Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile 6000 keyboard
Category: Computer
Expert:  RPI Solutions replied 4 years ago.

To run the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard for your keyboard (these steps do not apply to the mouse):

1. Click Start, click Control Panel (make sure you're in Classic View),
    and then double-click Bluetooth Devices.
  2. Click Add.
  3. On the bottom of your wireless Bluetooth keyboard, press the Make/Break Connection button
    for 5 seconds (to make the keyboard discoverable by Windows), and then release.

4. In the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard, select the My device is set up and ready to be found
    check box, and then click Next.
  5. After the device names appear, click Microsoft Keyboard, and then click Next.

Important: When you are prompted to type a passkey, you must do so
    and press ENTER within 30 seconds.

6. When the wizard asks you which passkey you want to use, click Choose a passkey for me.
    Then click Next.
  1. After you are prompted to enter your passkey, you must manually type the passkey on your Bluetooth keyboard,
    and then press ENTER.
    • Do not use the keyboard number pad to enter the passkey.
    • There will be no feedback on the screen as you type the passkey, although you can use the
      BACKSPACE key to make corrections if necessary.
    • If you did not type the passkey within 30 seconds and the wizard timed out, you can try again by clicking
      Back, and then Next.
  2. Notes:

3. Follow the instructions in the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard. In the final page of the wizard, click Finish, and then click OK.
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Experience: 5+ Years in IT, BS in Computer Science