JMU 1998
JMU 1998, Consultant
Experience:  11+ years of Technical Consulting Experience
15759051

kaspersky wont install even after running the norton removal

kaspersky won't install even after running the norton removal tool and deleting reg values manually. KAV still says there are norton and/or symantec products in my comp
Category: Computer
Expert:  JMU 1998 replied 4 years ago.
hello and thank you for your question.

Please do keep in mind there are other MUCH better alternatives to McAfee and Norton which are absolutely free with no subscription and annual renewal fees whatsoever that millions of people are using for both home and business computers very successfully!

One of these outstanding products is AVG anti-virus. It is free and I have been using it for almost 3 years now on the 5 machine I personally own as well as my wife is using it on her work PC and her personal laptop and we have had no issues.

I have used both Norton and McAfee subscribtion anti-virus in the past and have nothing but issues and problems and wasted so much money for a crappy and lousy product and service. At this day and age there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to pay a single penny for an anti-virus programsands for personal computing. However, if you run an Enterprise business with hundereds or thousands of machines in your network then perhaps an Enterprise Anti-virus would be justified for a paid service.

I highly suggest and recommend you use AVG. You can download it for free from the link below:
http://free.avg.com/us-en/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

Best wishes!
JMU 1998, Consultant
Experience: 11+ years of Technical Consulting Experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
your answer SUCKS dude.
i have already paid for my new AV and i am trying to install It.
Expert:  JMU 1998 replied 4 years ago.
if my answer sucks then simpley dont accept it ... I can only suggest. I can't fathom the idea why people continue to dish out thier hard earned money on products that are crappy and inferior and continue to fill the pockets of McAfee and Norton while there are FAR SUPERIOR free products available... perhaps you have more money than me and dont care...

Is is your choice...

Best wishes for the new year anyway!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are you hung up on norton and mcaffee? i am trying to install Kaspersky, which is rated in the top 5 anti-virus programs in the world, because i have had my share of troubles with Notron. all i want to know is how to completely remove any sign of NAV in my comp. I was not expecting to have another product recommended to me.
Expert:  JMU 1998 replied 4 years ago.
this is going to be difficult to achieve because Norton on purpose programs in such a way that they make it a super pain to uninstall it. There is no way you can 100% remove norton as it uses many microsoft common components. To remove these "common" components that are not "registered" in your system registry under Norton you will pretty much need to re-format the HD.

You can however, minimize Nortons foot print by using some tools. I would recommend you use CCleaner tool as it has a nice registry cleanup tool that comes with it.

You can download CCleaner from the link below for free:
http://www.ccleaner.com/downstload

Before you run the registry fix/cleanup it will ask you to backup your system registry please do so and place it in a location of the C drive where you can get to it incase you need to restore it...

Let me know if this helps as I have some other ideas as well... there is no silver bullet or button to press ta
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
O.K. now you are the second comp tech to tell me i probably will need to format to get rid of Everthing-Norton. So now i guess that is what i will do.
Thanks for your input and i apologise if my first reply offended.
My philosophy has always been "nothing is really for free" you pay in one way or another.
Expert:  JMU 1998 replied 4 years ago.
no offense taken at all. As I said Norton and McAfee have done an outstanding job to "rope" people in extract monthly and yearly fees as high way robbery under a corporate cover... that is what I think I was a victim of it too.

That is why it is so hard to completely remove it without a re-format because they make it that way so it is not easy to remove and any person cant do it.

As they say once bitten Thrice shy!! LOL... appreciate you accepting my answer.

Once again Best Wishes for the New Year!