Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer, Microsoft
Experience:  approx 20 years of experience from software to hardware design
5195814

I cant open my cd /dvd drawer on my computer. Any help in

Customer Question

I can't open my cd /dvd drawer on my computer. Any help in doing this or will I need to take the tower to a computer place?
Mary
Category: Computer
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Hi Mary,

Can you tell us what make and model your computer is?

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What is it that you need to know? I would like to have it fixed.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

No problem,

Ca nyou tell us the make and the model of your machine so I can check and see what type of drive you have.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't know what else to tell you. I can't get the drawer open for the cd / dvd.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Ok,

I need to know what make your amchine is before I can help you, So can you tell me what make the machien is?

Is it an HP, Dell, Compaq, Acer, Sony Apple?

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I can't open the drawer on my computer for the cd / dvd. It's like it the drawer may have been hit when the tower was taken to bestbuy. That's all I can imagine that happened. If I had known that I was going to have a problem with my tower I would have never taken it to them. Like I said it's hard to open the drawer it won't open.

Mary It's a e machine

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I don't know if you got the message or not this is a emachines desktop pc

Mary

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did reply hope you got the answer that you needed.
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Ok,

Canyou look on the front of your CD drive and see if there is a small hole underneath the tray where the CD goes.

If you look very closely under the tray on your computer you should see a hole just big enough to slip a straightened paperclip into

graphic

Once you have found it can you push a strightened paperclip in till it stops then firmly but gently push about another eighth of an inch further and the tray should open a small amount so you can gently pull the drawer out and remove the disk.

If your machien has drop down drawer front or a contoured front to the drive so it does not look flat like the one I posted let me know.

Thanks