Tim Graham
Tim Graham, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  20+ years of experience with computers, electronics, and cell phones.
24555909

I have a wireless network 2WIRE807 . I am trying to be able

I have a wireless network "2WIRE807". I am trying to be able to use my new iPod Touch in the house with the wireless network, but it keeps saying "Unable to join the network "2WIRE807" and then it says dismiss. I'm thinking there is another password XXXXX than my regular ITunes password XXXXX join, but I can't find the paper it was written on. How do I get this password? My sister has an iPod Touch and it has been working great. All of the settings are set to the same thing as hers. The paper the make who installed it left has been misplaced with the correct info.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com for an answer to your question! I believe I can help with your issue.

What you need to join a 2 Wire network is a WEP security key. You can find this number on the bottom of your 2 Wire modem - it's a long number on the right hand side of the label.

You want to enter this key in the Settings area on your iPod Touch, under the WiFi section. Then try to reconnect.

Let me know if you have any trouble.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Very good. It works! Just so you know, they must have moved the number from the right side to under the S/N #. Great job and thanks. I can quit ripping up the house looking for the paper it was written on. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and a very Happy New Year.