sunnyDmaster
sunnyDmaster, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  3+ year experience in computer and software field.. Computer Guru
26286023

having problem connecting to internet on laptop. message keeps

Customer Question

having problem connecting to internet on laptop. message keeps saying
Navigation to the webpage was canceled. Laptop is Dell Vista. Desktop
p.c. is working ok
Category: Computer
Expert:  sunnyDmaster replied 4 years ago.

go to Control Panel, click on System and Maintenance, then scroll down to Administrative tools and click on Schedule Tasks. Under "Acive Tasks" on the bottom of the screen, double click on "InternetServiceOffers" and it will open up a new screen. At the top, under "Name" you should see InternetServiceOffers. Left-click on it to highlight it, and press your "delete" key. It should delete the file. It may ask for confirmation.
Merry Christmas
--------------------------------
If this helped please ACCEPT and give a Positive Feedback..
Ask me again if you need more assistance.. If you are not happy with my answer, please contact me!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there,s no internet service offers on the screen
Ph, okay,, then Go here for the fix:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/967941

Merry Christmas
--------------------------------

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have typed this info in the laptop but nothing happens, no response, i have just got

Navigation to the webpage was canceled

Disable Protected Mode for the "Trusted Sites" zone

1. Click Start, type Internet Options in the Start Search box, and then click Internet Options in the Programs list.
  2. Click the Security tab, and then click Trusted Sites in the Select a zone to view or change security settings area.
  3. Click to clear the Enabled Protected Mode (requires restarting Internet Explorer) check box, and then click OK.
  4. Restart Internet Explorer.
Edit the registry to disable a Feature Control key that will enable the functionality that was introduced in security update 961260 (MS09-002)

To do this, modify the DWORD value that is named iexplore.exe and set its value to 1 in the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_RESTRICT_ABOUT_PROTOCOL
  1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.

Collapse this imageExpand this image

If you are prompted for an administrator password XXXXX confirmation, type your password XXXXX click Continue.
  2. Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
    Note If the "FEATURE_RESTRICT_ABOUT_PROTOCOL" subkey does not exist, you do not need to go further because the specific workaround has not bee applied to the computer.
  3. In the details pane, right-click iexplore.exe, and then click Modify.
  4. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
  5. Exit Registry Editor.
  6. Restart Internet Explorer.

Merry Christmas
--------------------------------
Bonus will be highly appriceiated..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

in the detailed pane of HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE there is no iexplore.exe

there is only name[default] Type [REG-SZ] DATA [value not set]

Then you need to recover or restore your vista..

Good Luck
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do i do that?
Do you have vista recovery CD?? IF not then please tell me your laptop model number..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model number is XXXXX
Restart your pc and keep pressing Ctrl + F11 Just after the pc restart.. It will access the hidden partition on the hard drive.. And start the recovery process.. This will install a new copy of the vista.. and it will fix all kind of the problem..

Merry Christmas
--------------------------------
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi. The programs were not installed because the installation was canceled,

aborted: Ox8OOO4OO4

How did you get this?? Was the recovery process intrupted??
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, it went through the installation process 100% and came up with this problem.
When you get this error? restart the PC and check..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have still got the same problem
I opt out so that other expert may look into the problem..

Please relist the problem..

GoodLuck
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

cant connect to internet on laptop windows vista. when i click on internet explorer,

i get message, Navigation to the webpage was canceled.