Scott L
Scott L, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience with PC hardware and software. Currently own and operate PC Service.
15046804

how do i restore my packard bell laptop back to the factory

how do i restore my packard bell laptop back to the factory settings
Category: Computer
Expert:  Scott L replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for coming to Just Answer for your support question.

I will be happy to assist you.

What is the model number of the computer please?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Packard Bell Easynote L4 running windows XP @ office 2003, I will be removing office 2003 as apart of the process as the licience is in use on my other laptop.
Expert:  Scott L replied 5 years ago.
Look under Start, Programs for PC Tool Kit (and Services)
This is a utility that some Packard Bells came with to reinstall/recover windows.
Expert:  Scott L replied 5 years ago.
You can also try tapping F10 while the computer is starting up to see if it gives you recovery options.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No trace of a PC tool kit
Expert:  Scott L replied 5 years ago.
Did you try tapping F10 while the computer is first starting up?
Expert:  lifesaver replied 5 years ago.

Refer to the guide below:-

ftp://ftp.packardbell.com/pub/itemnr/6960870101/6960870101.pdf

Go to page 56.

It contains step by step instructions along with pictures on how to take your system back to
factory settings,

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Scott,

Sorry for delay in coming back too you, but I am a courier driver and work 6 days a week starting at 05:45 each morning so I had to get some sleep on Friday and as we have just moved I spent all day Sunday decorating, i just got in from work due to the bad weather, anyway back to the problem.

Tried F10 and took option ' Microsoft Windows Recovery Console' as it was the only alternative given

This gave a error message 'A disk read error has occurred' Press CTRL/ALT/ DEL to restart ' this does a normal restart.

Expert:  Scott L replied 5 years ago.
The Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is not what we were looking for.
Try the F11 key when you start up to see if it will give you the system recovery console.
Also check under Start, All Programs, Packard Bell Support and look for Smart Restore
Scott L, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 20+ years experience with PC hardware and software. Currently own and operate PC Service.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

F11 provided the answer required, restored laptop up and running.

Thanks for your help

Laughing

Expert:  Scott L replied 5 years ago.
You are very welcome. Glad to hear it worked out for you.