Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.

I have a Lexmark X4270 printer-fax-scanner. The fax was working

Customer Question

I have a Lexmark X4270 printer-fax-scanner. The fax was working the other day, suddenly it's saying there is a line problem. I have unplugged the line and replugged it into a phone and there is dial tone, but when it is plugged into the back of the fax, there is no dial tone. Is the machine dead, or is there a fix? SN: 0236Y916659. Other numbers on the back: 4413-K03 and 2005/09 and JB68-008858.

Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 years ago.
If there is no dial tone on the fax but there is when attaching a phone to the line the fax machines fax module needs to be replaced. This can sometimes be expensive to fix so I would get a price before having it done.

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated