Tell me how many questions you have and I'll work out a deal with you.
602 Questions? What do you think is a fair price?
i don't really know, i mean how long will it take you? time is important also. the questions are computer level. what's a good price for you? im sure that with the high qualifications you have as a computer engineer these questions will be easy for you, nothing that you will have to send to much time looking up.
It depends on if you are scanning the questions or writing them and the complexity, multiple choice makes things easier. A quarter a question would be around $150.00 do you think that's acceptable (you can use the bonus function after I've answered the questions)? If not, let me know as I genuinely do not know how much time this will take as I haven't seen the questions.
1. Which of the following is NOT an example of a network node?
2. A computer network is defined as two or more computers connected with __________ so that they can communicate with each other.
3. Networks allow users to share?
4. A(n) __________ allows sharing of a broadband Internet connection.
5. Network architectures are classified according to?
6. Due to the expansion of media files on home computers, __________ options are now being marketed; however, they are not as full featured as their business-world counterparts.
7. Most computers today contain network adapters installed inside as expansion cards. Such adapters are referred to as:
8. Normal telephone wire is:
9. The most common type of network is:
10. In a client/server network, there are usually many more __________ than __________.
11. A network that has ten or more nodes is usually configured as a:
12. Which of the following is NOT an example of a WAN?
13. Which transmission medium is able to transmit data the fastest?
14. The data transfer rate of a wireless network is usually measured in?
15. Throughput, the actual speed of data transfer that is achieved in a network, is usually?
16. Network adapters:
17. Sophisticated networks generally use which of the following hardware devices to ease the flow of data packets throughout the network?
18. Client/server networks are controlled by a central server that runs a specialized piece of software called?
19. The major difference in types of P2P networks is the __________ by which the nodes are connected.
20. Ethernet networks are named for?
21. An Ethernet adapter is a:
22. The most popular transmission medium option for wired Ethernet networks is:
23. Maximum cable run (length) for Ethernet networks using UTP cable is approximately:
24. Which of the following is necessary to send data between a home network and the Internet?
25. A wireless network uses which of the following as its transmission medium?
26. Which of the following devices translates electronic data into radio waves?
27. Which of the following network adapters is most likely to be preinstalled in a typical notebook computer today?
28. Which of the following devices is needed to share an Internet connection on a wireless network?
29. If you frequently transfer large data files between nodes on a network, which of the following networks would be the best choice?
30. To improve communication effectiveness in a wireless network, you can do all of the following EXCEPT:
31. Most __________ allow you to connect wireless and wired computers to the same network.
32. Most __________ allow you to connect wireless and wired computers to the same network.
33. Public places where you can wirelessly connect to the Internet are known as?
34. All of the following are reasons for using a power-line network instead of an Ethernet network EXCEPT:
35. When setting up a network, you should set up any computers running the Microsoft Vista operating system:
36. The weakest link in any computer security system is:
37. What is the best thing a company can do to prevent its electronic data from being stolen?
38. Which of the following is formally defined as any criminal action perpetrated primarily through the use of a computer?
39. A packet sniffer is a program that can enable a hacker to do all of the following EXCEPT:
40. Which of the following is a program that appears to be something useful or desirable but at the same time does something malicious in the background?
41. Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks have been associated with:
42. The most likely method a hacker would use to access a computer is:
43. Rules for creating passwords include all of the following EXCEPT:
44. One can thwart most hacking problems by installing a:
45. __________ makes broadband users more vulnerable to attacks.
46. The purpose of Network Address Translation is to?
47. Manufacturers such as Linksys, D-Link, and Netgear make which of the following devices that can double as firewalls?
48. To secure a wireless network, you should take all the following precautions EXCEPT:
49. How many viruses and virus variants exist today?
50. Which type of virus was the famous Michelangelo virus?
51. Which of the following classifications of viruses changes its own code?
52. Quarantining with regard to computer protection is defined as:
True/False: Determine if the statement is true or false.
53. It is not possible to configure a client/server network for home use.
54. A client computer is the computer on which users accomplish specific tasks.
55. A single computer can function as both a client and a server, but performance will be degraded.
56. Most desktop and notebook systems sold today are network ready.
57. MAN stands for mobile area network.
58. When a network is sponsored by a government entity to provide Internet access to a specific geographic area, that network will generally be designated as a MAN.
59. The cost of a P2P network is slightly greater than the cost of a client/server network.
60. P2P networks are more commonly used in small businesses than in homes.
61. Wireless networks are more vulnerable to attack than wired networks.
62. A network-ready device is a device that may be attached to a network but still has to connect to a networked computer first.
63. A wireless NIC from one manufacturer may not work with a DSL router from another manufacturer, even when both devices claim to be developed using the same standards.
64. The 802.11g standard supports transfer rates of up to 30 Mbps.
65. 802.11 devices are less susceptible to interference than 802.11g devices are.
66. Wireless networks are no more vulnerable to packet sniffers than any other type of network.
67. SMTP uses port 21.
68. SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol.
69. The practice of piggybacking is illegal.
70. The majority of investigations related to cybercrime involve debit card fraud.
71. The Master Boot Record executes every time a computer boots up.
72. Extreme G and Enhanced G standards were both based on 802.11g standards but used proprietary hardware and software tweaks to increase performance.
73. 802.11g devices have a faster throughput than 802.11n devices.
74. The Internet is an example of a client/server network.
75. Cybercriminals are usually security individuals who work in large corporations with a vast knowledge base of computing and networking.
76. In a peer-to-peer network, one computer acts as the server.
77. One can have both wired and wireless nodes on a single P2P network.
78. Data transfer rate does NOT affect the speed at which a user can download a file from a WAN.
79. Switches receive data packets and send them to the node for which they are intended on the same network.
80. A P2P network needs network operating system software installed on every node.
81. Ethernet networks are always connected using twisted-pair cable technology.
82. The Mac OS does NOT support P2P networking.
83. Most computers today come with Ethernet adapters already installed.
84. Repeaters can extend a network's range by amplifying the signal.
85. When configured correctly, network firewalls can help protect your network.
86. White-hat hackers perform a needed legal service for society.
Just bonus $141 at the end when I'm done (since this question is worth $9). I'll work on it until we are done tonight. Don't post any more until I post back the answers to the first 86.
No, not at all, just keep posting here until we finish all of them. We'll do all of them in this thread. We don't need a new thread to do all the questions. Does that make sense?
Here's the first set:
1 D2 D3 A4 D5 A6 B7 C8 C9 A10 C11 A12 A13 C14 D15 C16 A17 D18 B19 A20 B21 A22 A23 B24 D25 D26 C27 A28 C29 C30 C31 A32 A (this is a repost of number 31 question)33 B34 A35 D36 D37 A38 B39 D40 B41 A42 D43 B44 B45 C46 A47 D48 C49 D50 B51 B52 A53 F54 T55 T56 T57 F58 T59 F60 F61 T62 F63 F64 F65 F66 F67 F68 T69 T70 T71 T72 T73 F74 T75 F76 F77 T78 F79 F80 T81 F82 F83 T84 T85 T86 T
So how much are you charging me in total?
Did it anyway without the numbering, remember to use this thread for all the questions.
1 A2 A3 D4 C5 D6 D7 A8 C9 D10 A11 A12 C13 D14 B15 D16 C17 B18 C19 B20 B21 C22 C23 B24 A25 B26 C27 A28 B29 C30 A31 D32 B33 B34 B35 B36 D37 C38 D39 C40 B41 C42 D43 A44 B45 C46 A47 B48 C49 D50 C51 C52 B
53 T54 T55 F56 F57 F58 T59 T60 F61 F62 T63 T64 T65 F66 F67 F68 F69 T70 F71 F72 T73 T74 T75 T76 F77 T78 T79 T80 T81 T82 F83 T84 F85 F86 T87 F88 T89 T90 T91 T92 F93 T94 T95 T
Okay, I've waited 3 hours. I'm off to bed soon unless I hear from you. Return to this thread when you want to finish. The first two are completed.
Don't know if you still need help, but I'm online again.