QCIHDTM
QCIHDTM, Escalation Engineer
Experience:  MCSE all, A+, Security+, Networking+, Windows Internals
23885963

I have a Dell Studio one desktop with Windows7, i cannot eject

Customer Question

I have a Dell Studio one desktop with Windows7, i cannot eject my from my cd drive?
Category: Computer
Expert:  QCIHDTM replied 4 years ago.

hi,

Was it ejecting fine before?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it was, as far as I know.
Expert:  QCIHDTM replied 4 years ago.

Ok, and I assume that you have rebooted the pc already right?

if not...please do...

if yes...

get a paper clip...

there's a tiny whole on the front of the CD/DVD unit....use the paper clip into it...you need to push hard...that will allow you to manually eject the tray....

take the disk out and close it again...

test opening and closing a couple times...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The CD drive on the Studio One Touch Screen is on the side and as no small hole.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will i have to contact Dell for this problem? Is it because of Windows7?
Expert:  QCIHDTM replied 4 years ago.

if it was working before, I would not attribute it to windows 7.

it sometimes happens taht CD/DVD units do not eject...if it does become a usual problem then you should contact dell, specially if you have warranty.

now...ALL units have the whole....there is a little possibility that they have the whole somewhere else than the front side close to the eject button.

is this a unit you can take out of the bay easily? you can do so and explore it....some units have it in the front panel but the whole is like "half" whole because is on the bottom rim.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no hole anywhere near the eject, the eject is just a light which is not on. I will contact Dell. I hope i don' get charged for this as you did not fix my problem.
Expert:  QCIHDTM replied 4 years ago.

ok..good luck!