Jordan H
Jordan H, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7 years of Professional Job Expierence. Networks. End User Computer support. Can Remote access.

AGAIN i am locked out of my laptop dell windows xp. i forgot

AGAIN i am locked out of my laptop dell windows xp. i forgot my password XXXXX can not open. i tried pressing f8 but it did not work
I can definately help you with this problem. There are a few different ways to get around this password. I will start with the easiest. I know you said you tried pressing f8 but lets see if you got through the whole process.

Lets start with your computer in the off state.

1. turn on the computer
2. you will see a splash screen with the manufactures logo on it. Once that splash screen goes away, you need to press the F8 key repeatedly until the windows boot menu shows. If you see the windows loading screen with the bar going across of it, you missed the timing of the F8 key. Reboot and try again.
3. Once the boot menu appears, please select safe mode.
4. Once safe mode has loaded up, I want you to click on the user named Administrator and log into windows. If your Administrator account has a password, then let me know and we will try another method.
5. Onced logged in, press the start button and open up the control panel.
6. Click on user accounts
7. Might have to click on user accounts again, if not then you will see a list of your users.
8. Select your normal user account
9. It will now give you the options on the side and remove password XXXXX be there. Click it and it should remove the password.
10. Reboot the computer and you should be able to login with no password XXXXX

Please, let me know if there is any other issues.

Edited by Jordan H on 12/12/2009 at 4:25 AM EST