lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.

How do I get rid of OFFLB.EXE. I want to remove it from my

Customer Question

How do I get rid of OFFLB.EXE. I want to remove it from my computer completely. I am not an IT person therefore I get very frustrated with computers that hang up.
Category: Computer
Expert:  lifesaver replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JA

The Office Lifeboat (OffLB.exe) is what launches when one of the Office apps appears to be hung to try to close the apps,and save your work to disk .

The problem is with office and the reasons can be numerous.There may be a 3rd party add-in, a corrupted template or document, a damaged registry or another factor, such as HP PhotoSmart Printer driver, or other issue going on

Did this problem start recently?What version of office are you using?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have been using office 2007 for two years and the problem just started about a month ago.
Expert:  lifesaver replied 6 years ago.

Do you remember installing anything then?

Also is it with any specific office application like word,excel or access?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I didn't install anything myself. Sometimes other people use my computer when I am not here which can be annoying when I don't know what they are doing to it. I use Excel the most, but occasionally Word.
Expert:  lifesaver replied 6 years ago.

Have you got any HP printers conencted your system?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is an HP printer that I use through my managers computer. It is not directly connected to mine.
Expert:  lifesaver replied 6 years ago.

Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Diagnostics.

Run the diagonstics.

See if it helps you find the cause of the problem and fix it..