Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

My realplayer constantly locks up or freezes and wont operate,

Customer Question

My realplayer constantly "locks up" or freezes and won't operate, or even allow me to shut it down and restart it. What can I do? I have a Dell XPS 420 with a Vista home premium operating system. HELP!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 years ago.
Right click on the real player icon
Then click on properties
Then on the top click on compatibility
Then click run this program in compatibility mode for
Then in the drop down list choose windows xp
Then click on apply and ok

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried the proposed solution w/o success. I might point out that my operating system is Vista .
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 years ago.
Yes I know it is vista the reason I had you choose xp is because real player has compatibility issues with windows Vista. Using the xp compatibility mode sometimes helps that situation. When it lockes up does it give you an error message? If it does what is the exact error message?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No error message. Just locks up and will not respond. It seemingly refuses to allow me access to my library.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 years ago.
Ok unfortunately I am going to have to opt out and open this to all experts
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, I starrted this over twenty-four hours ago. The last reeponse I got back from you guys was "Ok unfortunately I am going to have to opt out and open this to all experts" @ 4:42 pm yesterday. I didn't realize that asking how to get a media player to function properly was that tough a deal.......
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well, I guess I've been blowen off.......................